New single-system backup solution combines world-class hardware and software to help customers store, protect and archive data
To help small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) more effectively respond to the challenge of efficiently storing, managing and protecting increasing amounts of business-critical data, Dell is introducing the PowerVault DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010, a disk-based backup and recovery solution with available deduplication technology in a single server. With this integrated end-to-end solution, customers can easily deploy and manage backup and recovery tasks, and reduce backup costs compared to tape-based solutions.
Meeting the Unique Demands of SMBs and Enterprise Remote Office Locations
- The average SMB has experienced three outages within the past 12 months, with the leading causes being virus or hacker attacks, power outages or natural disasters. But yet only 23 percent of SMBs back up daily and an average SMB backs up only 60 percent of their company and customer data.
- Enterprise remote offices produce enormous amounts of information, but are regularly hampered by network bandwidth, backup and recovery windows and budgetary constraints that impact the management of data. These customers require solutions designed to protect data in a way that minimizes risk to the business while maximizing protection, compliance and recovery capabilities.
- To meet the demands of its customers, the PowerVault DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010 is uniquely designed for a diverse group of customers — it is affordable, easy to use, and capable of protecting customers’ critical information. The Dell PowerVault DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010, an integrated backup solution, can be installed and operating in 18 minutes, 533 percent faster than a non-integrated version of the same solution.
Developing Efficient Storage Solutions
- The PowerVault DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010 is one of the first fully integrated, out-of-the-box storage solutions for customers looking to quickly deploy an end-to-end deduplication backup and recovery solution. This solution features automated setup and disk provisioning to expedite the backup process while providing faster disk-based backups and recoveries than backup with tape.
- The PowerVault DL2100 helps reduce the time and costs associated with maintaining and recovering data from tape-based systems by providing customers with:
- A disk-based backup solution with true source deduplication that can reduce backup costs by up to 50 percent compared with tape solutions.
- Seamless integration with the Dell EqualLogic and Dell|EMC families of storage arrays and VMware vSphere virtualization solutions.
- PowerVault DL2100 also integrates new archive options for Windows file systems and Exchange environments to allow SMBs to more efficiently manage their data lifecycles by setting automated retention periods to migrate older, less critical data over time to less expensive storage environments. The archive options help optimize Exchange and File Server performance by eliminating redundant data at the server to further free up storage space, keep storage at predictable levels and reduce backup windows.
- With the PowerVault DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010, Dell continues to revolutionize the way technology works for its customers by combining customer input with practical innovation to provide a storage solution that is affordable, easy to deploy, use and manage.
Pricing and Availability
The PowerVault DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010 is available immediately through Dell and its Dell PartnerDirect partners. Pricing for the DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010 starts at under $8,600. Pricing for the DL2100 Powered by Symantec Backup Exec 2010 with deduplication capabilities starts at under $11,500.