Dell’s First Ruggedized Notebook; Latitude ATG D620 Meets Military Standards for Vibration, Humidity and Altitude; Great For Outdoors
Dell today announced the Latitude ATG D620 (All-Terrain Grade), its first semi-rugged notebook computer for customers who work in tough environments. The Latitude ATG is now available in the U.S. and will be available in other Dell regions in the next couple weeks.
The Latitude ATG meets military standards for vibration, humidity and altitude1 and is designed to protect against accidental bumps, moisture, and other elements that customers encounter working in the field.
The new system features a shock-mounted hard drive, spill-resistant keyboard, port covers and high durability paint and is designed to withstand challenging conditions commonly associated with military environments, construction sites and first responders, such as police and emergency organizations.
Industry-Leading Display Brightness
In response to direct customer feedback, the Latitude ATG includes a 14.1-inch display with ambient light sensor (ALS), glass overlay and anti-reflective coating. The LCD display is 1 1/2 times brighter than most mainstream corporate notebooks for better viewing in sunlight. Customers working in the military, emergency preparedness, construction and even the golf industry say seeing the display in full daylight is an important factor in their notebook computing experience.
“The Latitude ATG is a prime example of Dell’s commitment to customer-driven innovation,” said Jeff Clarke, senior vice president Dell Product Group. “We have heard from customers loud and clear that a tougher, highly protective notebook with a screen that is easy to see outdoors is necessary in many lines of work. We’re glad that we could meet that customer request with a product distinguished by industry-leading features.”
TaylorMade Golf, an existing Dell customer, has chosen the Latitude ATG to help custom-fit golfers with clubs using its exclusive motion analysis technology (MATT-i). With notebook computers, TaylorMade can analyze golf swings outdoors calculating the angle and speed they produce. TaylorMade evaluated notebooks from several manufacturers and chose the Latitude ATG because of its bright screen and rugged design.
“It seemed as if Dell had TaylorMade specifically in mind when developing this product,” said Ted Jaskowiak, R&D IT account manager at TaylorMade Golf. “The screen’s brightness is exactly what we need to use in our outdoor facilities and the added rugged features will help us protect our equipment from everyday bumps and bruises.”
As a photographer with a Navy reserve unit in Iraq, F.T. Eyre used an older generation Dell Latitude notebook to organize thousands of digital photos. He says with extremely sandy and hot conditions, his notebook constantly tested the limits. The new Latitude ATG is designed to withstand the extreme conditions Eyre and other military personnel face on a daily basis.
“Given the fact that the older Latitude C610 performed better than any of the other notebooks on assignment, I can only imagine how well the new Dell Latitude ATG will perform in similar conditions,” Eyre said. “I’m excited to use the Latitude ATG in my next assignment wherever it takes me.”
Priced from $24992, the Latitude ATG 620 features:
- 500 NIT LCD with non-reflective coating
- 14.1-inch WXGA screen (1,280 X 800 resolution)
- Supports up to 4GB3 DDR2 SDRAM
- ATG task lights for keyboard lighting
- Shock mounted-hard drive and LCD
- Intel Core 2 Duo processors
- Microsoft Windows Vista Capable4
- Three-year Next Business Day On-Site Service5 standard
- CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service6 optional
The Latitude ATG provides hard drive image compatibility with the Latitude D620. It is also compatible with all D-family wireless and security products as well as accessories like docks, port replicators, and power adapters. Latitude ATG is designed with the environment in mind including a lead-free7 motherboard and chassis. It is RoHS8 compliant and designed to be energy efficient in multiple customer environments. For more information on Latitude ATG visit www.dell.com/ATG .
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell sells more systems globally than any other computer company, placing it No. 25 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
- Meets Military Standards (MIL-STD 810F) Based on independent third party testing, the Dell ATG 620 meets MIL-STD 810F standards for vibration (Method 514, Proc I, Cat. 20 & 24), humidity (Method 507.4), and Altitude (Method 500.4 Low Pressure, Proc. I; Operational up to 10,000 feet). For dust, the ATG D620 met MIL-STD 810F standards (Method 510.4, Proc. I) for all D-module options (2nd HDD, 2nd battery, Air Bay) except optical drives.
- Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges are extra, and vary. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.
- The total amount of available memory will be less than 4GB. The amount less depends on the actual system configuration.
- Based on currently available information from Microsoft. Requirements subject to change. Windows Vista has not been tested on all user configurations, and may not be compatible with some hardware devices and other software. Dell systems must be configured with a minimum of 512MB system memory (RAM) for “Windows Vista Capable” designation. Systems which meet only minimum requirements for the “Windows Vista Capable” designation will not provide the full benefits of “Premium Ready,” including the Aero interface. Some Dell systems may not meet the requirements for “Premium Ready,” no matter the configuration. Aero and other premium benefits not available with Windows Vista Home Basic. Please visit www.windowsvista.com/getready for more information.
- Service may be provided by third-party. Technician will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting. Subject to parts availability, geographical restrictions and terms of service contract. Service timing dependent upon time of day call placed to Dell. U.S. only.
- CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service excludes theft, loss, and damage due to fire, flood or other acts of nature or intentional damage. CompleteCare is not available in all states. Customer may be required to return unit to Dell. For complete details, visit www.dell.com/servicecontracts.
- Per the EU Directive on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances, this system (chassis and factory installed components) or configuration contains less than 0.1% lead by weight.
- Meets the requirements of the EU Directive on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances dated January 27, 2003.