Dell Introduces Fast, Affordable, Compact Laser Printer Series
ROUND ROCK, Texas, Oct. 6, 2005 – Dell today announced an affordable series of monochrome laser printers that offer fast performance in a small form factor. The Dell Laser Printer 1710n, priced at $299, features integrated networking making it ideal for small workgroups. For $100 less, the Dell Laser Printer 1710 offers great personal printing for small- or home-office use.
The Dell Laser Printer 1710 and 1710n have speeds of up to 27 pages per minute (actual print speed will vary with use) and up to 2,400 image quality with 1,200 x 1200 dots per inch (dpi) resolution to produce crisp, professional documents. The 1710 series offers a low total cost of printing including a cost per page as low as 1.7 cents using the Dell High-Capacity Toner Cartridge(1).
The 1710n can be shared over a wired network providing an additional 16 MB of standard memory and PostScript. For $99, either model can be wireless enabled with the optional Dell 3300 Wireless Printer Adapter. All Dell networked printers include the Dell Printer Configuration Web Tool designed for easy installation, configuration and management. This Web-based management tool can easily be set up to provide automatic e-mail notifications to alert users of low toner levels, paper shortage and paper jams.
Additional 1710 series features include:
- Up to 15,000-page monthly duty cycle
- USB and parallel system interfaces; 10/100BaseT Ethernet (1710n only)
- Optional 550-sheet paper drawer providing an 800-sheet maximum capacity
- Optional memory upgrade, up to 160 MB on the 1710n and 144 MB on the 1710
- Dimensions (WxDxH in inches) – 15.59 x 13.9 x 9.72
The new series is backed by Dell service and support (24×7 toll-free) including a one year limited warranty(2) and one-year, next business day Advanced Exchange Service(3). The 1710 series is part of the Dell recycling program and complies with the European Union restriction on the use of hazardous substances by containing less than 0.1 percent lead by weight.
The Dell Laser Printer 1710 and 1710n are available immediately in North America and South America, with availability in other regions to be announced. Additional information and specifications on Dell’s family of printers can be found at http://www.dell.com/printers.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) is a trusted and diversified information-technology supplier and partner, and sells a comprehensive portfolio of products and services directly to customers worldwide. Dell, recognized by Fortune magazine as America’s most admired company and No. 3 globally, designs, builds and delivers innovative, tailored systems that provide customers with exceptional value. Company revenue for the last four quarters was $52.8 billion. For more information about Dell and its products and services, visit http://www.dell.com.
Pricing, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges are extra, and vary. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.
(1) Toner cost per page is based on Dell High-Capacity Toner Cartridge with an estimated 6,000-page yield priced at $89.99. Toner page yield is based on printing pages with 5 percent page coverage in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 testing methodology. Yields vary with usage and environmental conditions.
(2) For a copy of guarantees or limited warranties, please write Dell USA L.P., Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX. 78682. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/misc/policy_010_policy.htm.
(3) Replacement part or unit will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting in advance of receipt of returned defective unit. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. Defective unit must be returned. Replacements may be refurbished.