Delivers Essential Office Suite Features to Home and Small Business Users
Corel Corporation announced Corel Home Office, a new office suite designed specifically to address the needs of consumers and home-based businesses. With its low memory requirements and small footprint, Corel Home Office is also ideally suited for netbooks – portable, mini notebook computers that comprise the fastest growing PC segment. Corel Home Office includes Corel Write for word processing, Corel Calculate for spreadsheets, and Corel Show for presentations.
Corel Home Office Simplifies Tasks for Consumers and Home-Based Businesses
- Sleek and simple interface: Easily access the tools and features you use most
- File compatibility and document sharing: With extensive file format support (including Microsoft Office) and the ability to create PDFs in all three applications, it’s easier than ever to communicate and share materials with others.
- Multi language support: Quickly toggle between 13 available languages to work in the language of your choice
- Portability: Delivery on a USB stick makes Corel Home Office easy to install on the go – even on netbooks without an optical (e.g. CD, DVD) drive
- Customization: Netbook owners can use manual or auto configuration options to easily adjust their settings and maximize screen real estate
“As consumers continue to make mini-notebooks (aka netbooks) the most popular PCs on the market, they’re going to be looking for software that really maximizes their experience on that computer,” said Bob O’Donnell, Program Vice President for IDC. “Software vendors need to create solutions that not only address this market segment’s functional needs, but also match their lowered price expectations.”
“In talking with consumers and home based business owners, it became clear to us that they were seeking greater simplicity in their software,” said Jay Larock, Director, Product Management for Corel. “At the same time, the growing popularity of netbooks and other mini notebook computers means that more users are focusing on a smaller set of core tasks. Corel Home Office addresses this segment’s specific needs by striking the right balance between features, price and productivity – all in a unique package that is ideally suited to today’s portable computers.”
Pricing and Availability
Corel Home Office is available immediately and is priced at $69.99 US.