ATEN introduced a dual-output KVMP (Keyboard, Video, Mouse, Peripheral) switch designed specifically for multimedia applications, PC/console gaming, video editing and digital art designers. The latest addition to ATEN's CubiQ product line, the industry-first CM0264 KVMP enables users to switch seamlessly between two HDMI-enabled and two DVI-enabled computers as well as share USB peripherals and high-definition audio from a dual-output console. With its unique design, the CM0264 keeps pace with SOHO applications that require high standards in video, audio and connectivity.
The CM0264's dual-output functionality supports one DVI input and one HDMI input. Users can switch between four high-definition video sources on both displays, while the innovative Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode enables users to simultaneously control one computer on one display and view three other video sources on a second display.
In dual display mode, the unit's patented Cursor Shift feature allows users to automatically shift KVM focus by simply moving the mouse cursor across the displays. In addition, the dual output mode provides an intuitive GUI to allow file transfer, copy and paste functionality, and other basic file control features. The CM0264 passes HDMI resolutions up to 1080p and single-link DVI-D resolutions up to 1920 x 1200. The ability to disable keyboard emulation allows the use of high-end, backlit gaming keyboards, card readers, keyboard USB ports as well as special gaming key combinations and programmable keys.
“We are pleased to bolster our product line of desktop KVMs by introducing the industry-first multi access viewing KVM which offers a range of uses including multimedia, gaming, video editing and more,” explained James Hsieh, CEO of ATEN. “We pride ourselves on embedding innovative and useful features in our products such as Picture-in-Picture and Dual Display modes as well as our patented Cursor Shift functionality.”
The following are sample applications depicting the use of ATEN's CM0264:
- Software Development: Programmers can write code on one computer/display and simultaneously test the results on another computer/display
- PC Power Users: Ability to have two desktops running on each screen and move the mouse from one display to the other with the Cursor Shift feature
- Television: Connect two cable/satellite boxes to the CM0264 to simultaneously watch television on a PC monitor and HDTV
- Gaming: Connect an HDMI-enabled gaming console (PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360) and a DVI-enabled PC to switch between video games. The CM0264's console keyboard port emulation by-pass feature supports most gaming/multimedia keyboards. Additionally, run two to three different games at the same time with the ability to monitor each game via the PIP functionality
- Digital Artists/Video Editing: With PIP functionality, a digital artist or video editor can be hard at work while at the same time monitoring up to three other thumbnailed displays
The CM0264 supports widescreen resolutions, while ATEN's exclusive Video DynaSync technology eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes video resolution when switching between ports. The CM0264 also supports high-definition audio for a rich sound experience. With the built-in two-port USB 2.0 hub, users can easily expand and share their USB peripherals among the computers connected to the KVM switch.
Price and Availability
Available now, the CM0264 is priced at $449.95 and backed by a three-year warranty program.