A personal cloud storage device with iOS 11 Files App Integration
Promise Technology just announced new personal storage device called Apollo Cloud 2 Duo. The $450 box stores 8TB of data to solve both backup and file access needs from any Apple device. It creates private cloud storage that always stays in your possession so important data off stays off Internet servers. However, you can backup or access files over the Internet.
With the availability of iOS 11, Apollo Cloud 2 Duo 8TB integrates with the new Files app to make accessing, saving and sharing files quick and simple. In addition, you’ll be able to use the Drag and Drop feature to make moving documents and photos a snap. It looks very similar to Dropbox.
The device allows up to 40 people to use it. Each member can save content on the personal cloud device, and share their files with others via time limited links. Members cannot access another member’s files.
- Quick Camera Roll Backup – instantly free up space on your phone with the swipe of a finger or auto-sync your photos and videos
- Location Based & Facial Recognition Photo Albums – creates special albums for each person or by geotagged locations
- Time Machine Support – allows backup of multiple Macs to the same Apollo, plus incremental Time Machine backups over the Internet
- Mirroring – syncs all your data and configurations to another Apollo in a different location anywhere in the world via the Internet.
- Selective Sync – ability to select and sync multiple folders on your Mac to make sure you always have the documents you need anywhere you are.
- Configurable as RAID 0 (Striped) or RAID 1 (Mirrored)
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor, 1 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet
Price and Availability
Apollo Cloud 2 Duo 8TB is available now at Apple stores nationwide and at www.promise.com/apollo for $449.Where to Buy