Alpine Electronics is breaking into the headphone market with the launch of the $300 Alpine Headphone that works in conjunction with an iPhone App called Alpine Level Play. The company claims this combination will deliver the ambiance of a dance party, nightclub or live concert and allow you to not only hear, but also feel your music.
The headphones use Alpine’s patented TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology to deliver a unique sound field expansion that recreates a live event sensation so users can feel the beat in their core. The Level Play app scans, analyzes, and organizes the listener’s music library into “energy” levels. At Playback, Level Play presents the listener with a randomized song flow from a particular “energy” level
Alpine Headphones have merged deep technology and organic lifestyle into the shape of the headphones. Mirroring the complex and repetitious patterns in music, Alpine Headphones’ headband and iconic diamond shape design are layered harmoniously with a bold and impactful presence. The top of the headband has a pulsing bass transducer marked with a stripe of the Alpine logo.
- TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology: Unique sound field expansion that recreates a live concert like listening experience
- 24-bit stereo audio analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converter
- Powered Digital amplifiers
- 2 X 40 mm high performance drivers
- Fully programmable audio processing for separate bass and equalization
- Bluetooth Low Energy for easy-pairing with your iPhone device for user-programmable sound settings
- Level Play app enables you to rediscover your music collection and tune music to your taste.
- Fixed rechargeable Li-ion battery with 10 hour capacity
- Dynamic circuitry allows for listening in case of fully depleted battery
- iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod ready audio cable with remote and microphone
- Comes with: USB Charging cable, Audio Cable, and Headphone pouch
Pricing & Availability
Alpine Headphones will be available Friday, October 17th, 2014 at Apple Store online for $299 in apollo white or onyx black.
|Impedance||30Ω ±20% at 1kHz|
|Frequency response||15Hz – 24,000Hz|
|Sound pressure level||107dB ± 3dB at 1kHz max|
|Total harmonic distortion||<0.1% at 1mW/1kHz|