Indy Audio Labs announced they just started producing the new 11.3-channel Acurus ACT 4 A/V Preamplifier for high-end home theaters. The $8500 ACT 4 preamp processor combines rugged, USA-made construction, pristine audio performance, the ultimate user control and the latest in HDMI and immersive surround processing technologies, including Dolby Atmos.
The new ACT 4 hardware platform from Indy Audio Labs features a powerful array of Digital Signal Processors that constantly monitor incoming signal formats. With its unique SMART AUTO mode, the ACT 4 applies the best possible processing for the source signal, maximizing use of all available loudspeakers including any immersive surround units overhead. Indy Audio Labs’ proprietary web control technology is also built-in, simplifying remote audio adjustments, configuration and setup on modern mobile devices, tablet PCs and 3rd-party control systems. A rich, full-color 7-inch touch sensitive front panel interface greatly reduces setup time and headaches versus traditional character displays or on-screen menus. There is even a built-in sensor that automatically adjusts display brightness for ambient lighting conditions.
- Modern Ultra-HD HDMI 2.0 interface
- 7” Full-color touch-sensitive front panel interface
- 8×2 HDMI with 4K and 3-D pass-thru
- Supports HDCP 2.2
- Quad TI DSP processors decode the latest HD Audio Formats including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Hi-res Audio DACs support 192kHz/24bit on all digital inputs
- Hardware and Firmware upgradeable enables future format and standards support
- Ethernet, RS-232, 12V trigger in and out
- 2 USB charging ports
- Mobile device control with built-in web apps
- Remote monitoring ready
- Brushed aluminum ﬁnish with laser-engraved print
According to Indy Audio Labs’ CEO, Rick Santiago, “With Dolby Atmos, our customers can now experience a breathtaking sound field – immersive sound that’s reproduced by the ACT 4 with the extreme detail and clarity that Acurus electronics are so well known for.”
Price and Availability
The Acurus ACT 4 is available for order now through authorized Acurus dealers and distributors around the world. Suggested US retail price is $8,499.
- Frequency response: 20 – 20kHz ±0.1dB
- SNR: >110dB (A-wt.)
- THD: <0.02% (20Hz – 20kHz)
- Max output: 3.5Vrms, 7Vrms (Sub out)
- Power consumption: 70W (max), <1W (standby)
- Front panel display: 7” touch-sensitive LCD!
- Serial: 2 x DB-9, Full 2-way control, 1 x USB A programming port
- Ethernet: 1 x Ethernet, Web interface & 2-way IP control via UDP
- 12V trigger: 1 x 3.5mm IN, 4 x 3.5mm OUT
- Charging port: 2 x USB 5V, 2A
- Stereo analog audio inputs: 4 x Gold-plated (RCA) L/R unbalanced, 1 x XLR L/R balanced
- Stereo phono input: 1 x Gold-plated (RCA) L/R pair
- Digital audio inputs: 3 x coax (RCA) and 3 x Optical
- Multi-channel analog audio inputs: 1 set 8 Gold-plated (RCA) 7.1 conﬁguration
- Multi-channel analog audio outputs: 1 set 14 Gold-plated (RCA), 1 set 14 XLR 11.3 conﬁguration
- Decoding: Surround Formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, up to 9.1.2
- Loudspeaker Adjustments: EQ (5 parametric), Delay, Polarity, Large/Small, Crossover Frequency
- HDMI: 8 in x 2 out, 4K pass thru, HDCP2.2 (1 in, 1 out)
- Product dimensions: 7” (17.8cm) x 17” (43.2cm) x 15.0” (38.1cm)
- Product weight: 30 lbs. (13.6kg)!
- Finish: Black satin anodized, laser-etched logo, white rear panel!
- Carton dimensions: 12” (25.4cm) x 22” (55.9cm) x 20” (50.8cm)