Speaker For Improving TV Dialogue
ZVOX Audio recently released their latest compact sound bar that specializes in making voices from TV shows sound clearer. The new AccuVoice AV157 features the company’s new SuperVoice dialogue clarifying technology. It uses ZVOX’s patented hearing aid algorithms to make TV dialogue more clear and adds new programming called SuperVoice — designed to reduce the level of background sound in TV programs. The AV157 is the latest addition to ZVOX “hearing” products designed to help consumers who have difficulty understanding the dialog on their TV programming.
“The best way to understand our SuperVoice technology is to picture a stage. But instead of a row of actors, imagine a row of sounds. Our proprietary AccuVoice technology, that we introduced in 2016, clarifies voices and brings them forward on the stage. Our SuperVoice technology takes the other sound effects into the background – ‘pushing them backstage’ – so they don’t interfere with voice intelligibility.” Tom Hannaher, ZVOX founder
The AccuVoice AV157 speaker combines six levels of AccuVoice dialogue boost, but also allows the consumer to add SuperVoice algorithms to each of those levels – giving the user 12 levels of dialogue boost and unprecedented voice clarity.
In addition to 12 levels of dialogue boost the AV157 also includes ZVOX’s new “Alexa® Ready” feature which allows a user to connect an Alexa Echo® device to Input 2 and use it while listening to TV programming. For example you can be watching a football game and ask Alexa for the score of another game. The AV157 automatically turns down the sound of the football game long enough for you to hear Alexa’s answer through the speaker, then automatically turns up the soundtrack for the game.
- AccuVoice hearing aid technology with 12 levels of voice boost.
- Includes new SuperVoice technology to reduce distracting background sounds.
- Three 2″x3” high-output full-range speakers.
- 24 watt Class D digital amplifier.
- Dolby™ Digital decoding.
- PhaseCue virtual surround delivers room-filling 3D sound from one small cabinet.
- New remote control uses large buttons with easy to read labels.
- One optical digital toslink, input, one 3.5mm analog.
- One headphone/subwoofer output jack.
- Bright, Easy to read Alphanumeric display.
- Can be used on furniture or wall mounted.
- Dimensions: 17″w x 3.3/8″d x 2.7/8″h.
- Weight: 2.8 lbs (3.1 lbs with power supply cord).
“With 12 levels of dialogue clarifying technology, the AV157 is perfect for people who have no hearing issues at all (but want better sound than what you get from a flat-screen TV) and it’s also beneficial for people with fairly serious hearing issues. It is an extremely smart, versatile product.” Tom Hannaher, ZVOX founder
Price & Availability
Priced at $299.99 the ZVOX AV157 is available at ZVOX.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com.
If you don’t need Alexa connectivity or the extra six voice algorithms, ZVOX’s older sound bars may fit the bill for less money including the ZVOX AccuVoice 200.