Includes 14 days of free rolling cloud storage, wide-angle lens and two-way audio
Hot on the heels of the Amazon Cloud Cam announcement comes another wireless HD smart home camera from a Seattle based startup called Wyze Labs. Their new security camera is called WyzeCam and it is only $20. Although inexpensive, it’s still feature packed and able to record sound combined with 1080p video every time it detects motion. Its 3-axis stand makes it easy to point or mount in any direction. In addition, a magnetic mounting system with included adhesive tape and metal plate make it possible to mount anywhere — no screws required.
WyzeCam backs up every 10-15 second motion detected clip to the cloud over the last 14 days. Alternatively you can store footage on a microSD card (up to 32GB), purchased separately. The main drawback over Cloud Cam is that WyzeCam doesn’t work with Amazon Alexa, so you can’t speak to it. Instead, Wyze Labs chose to “cut down costs while maintaining the highest quality standards possible,” said Dongsheng Song, COO and another co-founder of Wyze Labs.
- 1080p full HD: 2.8mm focal length, 110° wide angle lens, 1/2.7″ CMOS sensor, 8x digital zoom.
- Night Vision: F2.0 aperture, IR-CUT filter, and two 850nm infrared LEDs. Night vision range up to 30 feet.
- Two-way audio enabled with built-in speaker and microphone.
- Motion and sound detection send real-time alerts via push notifications to your phone.
- Smart sound recognition: Recognizes the unique sound patterns of smoke alarms and CO monitors to alert you to these specific emergencies.
- Free, rolling 14-day cloud storage: A 10-15 second video is automatically recorded whenever motion or sounds are detected. Videos are uploaded securely via end-to-end encryption in the AWS Cloud and are accessible for 14 days with no subscription plans required.
- Continuous recording: Supports microSD cards (not included) for continuous recording.
- Time lapse: Creates custom time-lapse videos and saves them to a microSD card (not included).
Price and Availability