Service now offers more than 3 million MP3s from all major labels and prices starting at 74-cents per track
Walmart has re-launched its new and improved MP3 Music Downloads store, with MP3 tracks starting at just 74-cents, to give customers greater value and an even bigger selection in digital music. Walmart has exclusively sold MP3s through its online store since February 2008 and now offers more than 3 million MP3 tracks with content from all major labels. The enhanced MP3 online store is supported by multiple elements in Walmart stores, including a free MP3 download with every CD purchased in stores or online (www.walmart.com/music). Walmart customers, both online and in stores, now have more ways to enjoy the best values in digital music.
“Music is an important part of our customers’ lives and our new MP3 store provides a platform to further enhance our music offering and grow with our customers’ evolving needs,” said Tom Welch, Walmart’s music buyer. “As customers consume music through multiple formats such as MP3s, CDs, DVDs, and video games, Walmart is uniquely positioned to offer them a deep catalog of music in the format of their choice complemented by an expanded assortment of merchandise at great values.”
The new and improved online music store features:
- Top 25 songs from artists like Carrie Underwood, Coldplay, Nickelback and Rhianna starting at $0.74 per track. Standard pricing is $0.94 per track.
- Free MP3 “track of the week” for customers to discover more music from up-and-coming new artists and established performers
- Free MP3 digital track of the customer’s choice with every CD purchased in stores or online (begins mid-November)
- More than 3 million MP3 tracks with content from all four major labels and various independents
- Exclusive Walmart Soundcheck content and performances from today’s hottest artists, including upcoming Soundcheck performances from Beyonce, Nickelback and current American Idol, David Cook
- Supports Mac OS, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Accessible through Firefox, Safari and Internet Explore browsers
- Music and artwork sync directly to default media players, such as iTunes or Windows Media Player
Walmart’s enhanced MP3 Music Download store also includes new social features to easily display albums on social networking sites and blogs, as well as enhanced search and refine features to make it easier to find favorite titles and discover new music. Customers can visit the new and improved MP3 download store today at www.walmart.com/mp3.