V-MODA introduced the Crossfade M-80 Metal On-Ear Headphones offering natural noise isolation and military-level ruggedness at half the size of the Crossfade LP headphones. The M80's boast a virtually indestructible steel frame, STEELFLEX headband, interchangeable brushed metal shields, durable microfiber suede, replaceable memory foam cushions, two Kevlar-reinforced microphone cables for universal smartphone compatibility and an exoskeleton carrying case.
The nucleus of M-80 is its patent-pending and biggest-in-class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that deliver multi-driver sound with the energy efficiency and consistent quality of a single driver. To recreate a pure balanced sound analogous to Vinyl, M-80 uses no batteries or artificial sound processing and instead relies on immortal acoustic techniques. The masterfully crafted V-PORT V3 provides natural noise isolation, life-like staging, vibrant bass, vivid mids and vivacious highs. By utilizing a 31-band EQ with select master musicians and producers, every step of the frequency response curve was finely sculpted.
The headphone also offers long-play comfort through a tailored, fashionable fit without unsightly gaps and minimal pressure on the head and ears, the result of years of ergonomic research. Since the fit is the sound, M-80 utilizes replaceable supple memory foam cushions, a bespoke STEELFLEX headband and tactile arm extensions. This tiny dancer can bend, move and twist like no other.
Military Tests (MIL-STD-810G) and V-MODA Quality Tests:
- Kevlar reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
- Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet, approximately three times the industry standard
- Headband can bend 10+ times flat, without breaking and retain its memory and shape
- Virtually inaudible sound variances across the spectrum of less than 2dB from unit to unit versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
- MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
- Stylish interchangeable ear shields
- Detachable Kevlar-reinforced cables with 24k gold-plated plug
- One 3.5mm fabric cable with a three-button remote control optimized for Apple products
- One 3.5mm fabric cable with a one-button microphone universally compatible with all audio, tablet and 3.5mm smartphone products including Android, BlackBerry and Windows 7
- Hard exoskeleton carrying case, ensuring headphones are protected in style
- Two-year V-MODA premier warranty
- Immortal Life Replacement Program — 50 percent off lifetime discount to replace consumer-damaged headphones
Price and Availability
The V-MODA Crossfade M-80 headphones are now available for $230 at V-MODA.com and select retailers worldwide including Radio Shack.