TDP-SP1U Projector Features 2,200 ANSI Lumens, DLP BrilliantColor™ Technology and Value-Added Features for $719
Building upon its leadership in the small projector category, Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the company’s latest lightweight and affordable projector, the TDP-SP1U. Priced at just $719 (MSRP), the 4.8-pound projector features impressive color fidelity with DLP BrilliantColor™ technology, an extended lamp life of up to 4,000 hours in economy mode and is suitable for digital home entertainment, video gaming, classroom installation and mobile business presentations.
With a combination of portability and functionality, the TDP-SP1U projector offers an excellent value with its 2,200 ANSI lumens, 2000:1 contrast ratio (full on/full off), and native SVGA 800 x 600 resolution. To further expand the projector’s capabilities, the TDP-SP1U projector also includes an RS232 port for easy integration with AV network control systems in government, corporate and education markets.
“As an innovator in mobile computing technology, Toshiba has added the affordable TDP-SP1U to its lineup of award-winning projectors for consumers and business professionals who need a presentation device that can deliver impressive display technology, value-added features and a lower total cost of ownership,” said Jeff Barney, vice president of marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “Priced affordably, the TDP-SP1U is versatile enough to provide users with a lightweight and substantial projector.”
For professional image quality often found on more expensive projectors, the affordable TDP-SP1U projector also features a rich, vibrant DLP BrilliantColor™ display technology which utilizes up to six separate colors: red, blue, green, cyan, yellow and magenta for a wider variety of accurate, vibrant colors that won’t fade over time. BrilliantColor™ display technology can enable up to a 50 percent increase in brightness.
Providing lamp life efficiency, the Toshiba TDP-SP1U projector’s lamp is designed to last up to 3,000 hours in standard mode and up to 4,000 hours in economy mode. The Toshiba TDP-SP1U is also a filter-free DLP projector. This technology keeps damaging dust particles from collecting on the projectors imaging elements and therefore may reduce the cost of ownership by requiring one less part to replace, less maintenance and by extending the projector’s lamp life. The projector is covered by Toshiba’s two-year standard limited warranty.
The Toshiba TDP-SP1U is currently available through Toshiba’s authorized distributors, VARs, mail-order outlets and http://www.toshibadirect.com.
The Toshiba TDP-SP1U projector also includes the following leading edge features:
- Manual digital keystone correction;
- Automatic setup on a fully-loaded presentation remote to ensure worry-free, professional presentations even in the most unforgiving environments;
- Password protection and key-lock function to help prevent unauthorized use;
- HDTV/DTV compatible for connectivity to a cable or satellite set-top box for viewing high-definition television;
- Advanced connection options including one computer input (shared as component), composite and S-video inputs, audio in and variable output capabilities;
- Special monitor-out capabilities to display and view images on a monitor and screen simultaneously, allowing presenters to face their audience rather than turning around to read slides as they appear on the screen;
- A 2.0 watt speaker for enhanced presentations;
- Whisper-quiet operation of only 30 decibels (dB) (in low mode) – quieter than a soft conversation.
Toshiba TDP-SP1U projector specifications:
|Panel Size||0.55″ DMD DLP|
|Standard Lens||1.1x Manual Zoom/Manual Focus|
|F/f (mm)||F = 2.4 – 2.6, f = 21.81 – 23.77mm|
|Throw Ratio||1.95 – 2.15:1|
|Light Source||180W (150W in economy mode)|
|Projection Method||Front, Rear, Ceiling|
|Color Reproduction||Full 16.7 Million Colors|
|Projection Screen Size (Diagonal)||23.9 – 300 inches|
|Projection Distance||3.3 feet – 39.4 feet|
|Projection Distance for 100″ Screen (Diagonal)||13.1 feet (Wide) – 14.5 feet (Tele)|