Targeted for summer 2013, Toshiba plans to introduce the L9300 Series of 4K Ultra HD LED TVs in 58-inch, 65-inch, and 84-inch screen sizes in a new modern gun-metallic design with matching frame stand. The new models offer four times the resolution of 1080p full HD TVs and are powered by Toshiba’s proprietary CEVO 4K Quad+Dual Core Processor for even better picture quality. Toshiba’s proprietary features include Resolution Restoration to make near UltraHD image quality from less than 4K content, Color Gamut Enhancement for improved color intensity, and Surface Brilliance Enhancement to further brings images to life.
Powerful Image Enhancement Technology
In addition to UltraHD image processing, the L9300 Series includes a suite of technologies that enhance picture quality, including:
- ClearScan 240Hz refresh rate technology creates clearer and smoother fast motion video.
- CQ Engine technology offers consumers superior picture quality controls, including Edge Enhancer, Dynamic Gamma, Color Master and Expert Mode Calibration Capability, and new UltraClear Dynamic Noise Reduction to create cleaner images without sacrificing image detail.
- Color and Depth Adaptive Resolution+ to help create images with enhanced image resolution, lifelike color saturation and incredible picture depth.
Advanced Cloud TV
Offering a smarter connected experience, the L9300 Series includes advanced Cloud TV functionality. Cloud TV takes the connected experience to another level by offering easy, personalized content discovery and acquisition, including news content; better mobile device interactivity; practical social interaction services, server-based upgradability and much more. Some of the key initial Cloud TV features and services include:
- Family Calendar to share family events
- Personal Messaging to send and receive messages from family and friends
- Photo Album to share digital photos
- Streaming News to view news videos and slide shows
- MediaShare to access content from other DLNA-enabled devices
- MediaGuide, a TV programming guide with advanced search capabilities and program recommendations
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Miracast and WiDi for both router and peer-to-peer wireless capabilities
To extend the experience even further, Toshiba will also release mobile companion apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8 that enable easy location-free interactivity of many of the key social interaction services between the Cloud TVs and mobile devices.
The Toshiba L9300 4K UltraHD TV Series are scheduled to ship in summer 2013. Pricing TBD.