TDK Life on Record just released TREK Max (model A34) wireless and weatherproof speaker and speakerphone, which features a rugged, weatherized design that protects it from the elements, giving users the confidence to take their favorite music to any environment. The new portable speaker is a larger version of its original A33 wireless speaker.
Bluetooth streaming allows TREK Max users to truly “unplug,” and its integrated NFC-capability makes it even easier to pair an NFC-enabled device to the speaker. The TREK Max speaker also includes built-in track controls that let users play, pause and skip tracks, while their Bluetooth device is safely tucked away. The portable speaker, which measures 9.5 inches wide and weighs 2.75 pounds, maintains the sleek, minimalist look of the current TREK speaker family portfolio
The speaker also provides hands-free speakerphone functionality, allowing users to switch from music to calls with ease, and its auxiliary input ensures the TREK Max speaker is compatible with almost any device.
TREK Max Features:
- Bluetooth wireless technology supports A2DP, HFP and HSP protocols for high quality wireless audio
- Weatherized design certified to an IP64 rating under international standard IEC 60529 protects against splashing water and dust
- Rechargeable battery offers freedom to take your music with you—enjoy up to eight hours of audio on a single charge
- Total size: 9.5 inches W x 3.8 inches H x 2 inches D
- Total weight: 2.75 pounds
- Includes two front full-range drivers and one subwoofer
- 3.5 mm stereo auxiliary input
- USB charging port (1 amp) charges your MP3 player or smartphone while you listen
Price and Availability
The TDK Life on Record TREK Max wireless speaker is available for $199.95 at Amazon.com.
In addition, the TDK also released the TREK Micro Bluetooth Wireless Speaker for $79.95 at Amazon.com. Measuring in at three and a quarter inches square and less than half a pound, the speaker could go virtually unnoticed when attached to your backpack, belt loop or purse, making it an ideal companion for any active music fan.
TREK Micro Features:
- Bluetooth wireless technology for high-quality streaming audio
- Weatherized design protects against splashing water and dust (IP64 rated under international standard IEC 60529)
- Near Field Communication (NFC) for simple Bluetooth pairing with an NFC-enabled device
- TrueWireless Stereo allows pairing of two TREK Micro speakers for stereo audio
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 6 hours
- 3.5mm auxiliary input plays music from any device with a headphone jack
- 3.5mm auxiliary output makes a standard speaker Bluetooth technology-enabled
- Rechargeable battery powered by USB for easy charging on the go
- Carabineer included
- Total size: 3.25 inches W x 3.25 inches H x 1.14 inches D
- Total weight: 0.4 pounds