The Artefact group has developed a radically simple concept printer with a touchscreen interface that provides a 1:1 image preview for effortless printing. The product is called SWYP (See What You Print).
SWYP illustrates that it is possible to innovate in very mature and stagnant markets. By re-thinking the product and focusing on core issues it is possible to revitalize a product that has lost its consumer appeal.
While this is just a concept product its worth noting its minimalist design combined with ingenious functionality. See the video!
- Prints exactly what you see on the screen
- Calibrated color for predictable prints
- Print and edit images wirelessly from a digital camera, Facebook or Flickr
- Start screen personalization option
- Easy access to the paper tray and easy access to ink cartridges
- Paper tray doubles as a protective cover
- No on/off button: the act of opening or closing the paper tray turns the printer on or off