Sony Electronics has released the XAV-AX5000 6.95-inch in-dash car receiver with smartphone support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The $430 head unit offers a safer way to use your smartphone in the car. Voice control from Apple CarPlay and Android Auto helps with directions, calls, and more. Dual USB ports allow connections via wired smartphone and USB device at the same time. A new bezel-less panel offers a seamless display with simple touchscreen controls.
- Apple CarPlay: CarPlay seamlessly integrates iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls. Now you can make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions optimized for traffic, and more while you stay focused on the road.
- Android Auto: Android Auto extends the Android platform into the car in a way that’s purpose-built for driving. With a simple and intuitive interface and powerful new voice actions, it’s designed to minimize distraction. It automatically brings useful information organized into simple cards that appear when needed, for directions, music, messaging and more.
- Super Quick Wake Up: Super quick wake up design boasts more than double the speed for activation in comparison to current products. It is ready to hit the road soon after ignition is turned on.
- 6.95-inch Bezel-less Flush Surface Display with Capacitive Touch Screen: Adopting a flush mount capacitive touch screen resulted in an astonishingly flat, bezel-less and beautiful display.
- Improved Sleek Aluminum Key Terminal: The ergonomically designed key terminal gives instant access to the basic operation that includes source selections and sound adjustments while minimizing distractions.
- Space Saving Installation with Single DIN Rear Chassis: The rear chassis is designed with single-DIN dimensions that give enough room to store connected cable harnesses, steering wheel control adopter, and more. The XAV-AX5000 boasts 23% shorter depth in comparison with the XAV-AX100.
- Dual USB Ports: Thanks to dual USB ports, the user can now hook up various storage devices to play from any music library while connecting smartphone for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
- 55Wx4 MAX/20Wx4 RMS DRA2 with EXTRA BASS Circuitry: A built-in 4-channel amplifier delivers 55 watts x 4(max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power with DRA2 (Dynamic Reality Amp 2) power IC. The EXTRA BASS works to overcome engine noise and reproduce clear punchy sound at any volume level. The 2-mode boost steps allow for both delicate and heavy boost settings.
- Sound Optimization: The DSO (Dynamic Stage Organizer) creates vivid sound image as if there were speakers on the dashboard. The 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 pre-sets provides easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments.
- FLAC Audio File Compatible (via USB terminal only): Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC), is an audio format similar to MP3, but with the difference that it compresses without any loss in quality.
- 3-Pre Out Connectivity: For future expandability, the 3-pre out connectivity builds a full acoustic system including a subwoofer, a mono amplifier and 4-channel amplifier for even louder and powerful sound reproduction.
- Rear View Camera Ready: The image of a connected rear view camera is seen when the vehicle’s transmission lever is shifted to the R(Reverse) position or when tapping the Rear Camera icon in the home screen.
Price and Availability
The Sony XAV-AX5000 is available now (spring 2018) for $429.99.