Samsung today released the Gear Fit2 fitness band which features embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offers accurate and robust health tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback during a workout. It’s also water-resistant, stores music, or plays Spotify music directly from the band.
The Gear Fit2 GPS sports band can be used while your phone stays at home. The built-in GPS tracks your running route, distance and speed in real time. Its 1.5-inch Super AMOLED display is conveniently large enough so you can quickly check stats mid-workout. It is ideal for running, walking, cycling, rowing or elliptical and it’s smart enough to know what activity you’re doing without changing settings.
- An ergonomic, sleek, slim, and comfortable design for everyday use
- A Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for users to easily monitor their fitness, or check and respond to text message notifications
- GPS and Heart-rate monitoring functions to provide accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle
- With Auto tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing or elliptical machines
- For a better understanding of their health, users can easily transfer their data between S Health and other select fitness applications
- A ‘Step Goal Challenge’ can be instantly shared with friends and family on Facebook for ongoing motivation
- The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device
- Integrated Spotify app lets you access millions of songs, so you’ll always have the perfect workout soundtrack
Gear Fit2 is compatible with Galaxy devices Android 4.3 and above that have minimum 1.5GB RAM, non-Galaxy devices Android 4.4 and above that have minimum 1.5GB RAM.
|Display||1.5”, Curved Super AMOLED 216 x 432|
|Chipset||Dual Core (1 GHz)|
|Memory||512 MB (RAM) / 4 GB Storage|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth v 4.2|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer|
|Dimension||24.5 (W) x 51.2 (D) mm|
|Compatibility||Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB|
|Additional Features||Notifications (SNS, call, email, applications, schedule)|
|Black, blue and pink|
|Small (Size of the wrist: 125 ~ 170mm)
Large (Size of the wrist: 155 ~ 210mm)
|IP68 certified (up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5m of water)|
|Standalone music player|
|Audio||Audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, AMR, AWB, OGG, OGA, 3GA|
Price and Availability
The Gear Fit2 will be available for $179.99. Pre-orders begin June 3, 2016 at Amazon, Best Buy and BestBuy.com, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Macy’s, and Samsung.com. The Gear Fit2 will be available in-store and online at retailers and major wireless carriers starting June 10, 2016.