LAS VEGAS (2005 International CES, January 6, 2005) — If you like your media on the go but don’t like the shut-the-world-out feeling of wearing earphones, Sakar International’s new family of Sound Cases will be music to your ears. These protective carrying cases for MP3, CD and DVD players and laptops incorporate built-in speakers that let the sound out of the bag — literally. Special cases allow the music or other audio to play loud and proud on bikes and car visors, too.
The line includes seven different bags that are wired for sound. In each instance, the integrated speaker amplifies the audio so it can be heard without headphones and even shared with others — whether on the road or in the office. As a bonus, the pairing of the case and speaker in one unit eliminates the need to buy two separate accessories.
The lineup includes:
· MP3 Sound Case (MSRP $29.99), a water-resistant hard-shelled container with a speaker on the front, an inner mesh pocket to hold the MP3 player in place, and a storage compartment for memory cards. Shoulder and belt straps are included.
· CD Sound Case (MSRP $29.99), a slightly larger carrier for CD players with similar features and a storage compartment that holds up to 12 CDs.
· Stereo Sound Case (MSRP $39.99), a model with two amplified speakers that accommodates either an MP3 or a CD player, and holds up to 36 CDs.
· DVD Sound Case (MSRP $49.99), a leatherette version that houses a 5″ or 7″ DVD player, includes stereo speakers embedded in fold-out flaps on either side of the open player’s screen, and has a front storage compartment for DVDs.
· Laptop Sound Case (MSRP $59.99), a microfiber carrier with a cushioned protective laptop compartment and stereo speakers for laptop audio.
· MP3 Car Visor Sound Case (MSRP $29.99), a holder/speaker that pipes MP3 tunes into the car without the messy wires of inverters. The product slides onto the car visor and has a speaker in the center with separate compartments on either side for the MP3 player and batteries.
· Bicycle Sound Case (MSRP $39.99), a saddlebag-type carrier with two built-in speakers and a cushioned compartment that holds either an MP3 or CD player. The case fits on all bikes, fastens to the bicycle bar with Velcro with no installation required, is weather-resistant, and delivers enough volume to play over traffic while also providing safe riding without headphones.
Each Sound Case runs on a 9-volt battery and gets its audio feed through a built-in connector that plugs into the media device’s headphone jack.
About Sakar International Inc.
Sakar International Inc. designs and manufactures a wide range of technology, toy, and consumer electronic products. Founded in 1977, the company is privately held and headquartered in Edison, N.J. For more information, visit www.sakar.com