Pioneer Electronics announced the reference quality PRS-D800 Class D 2-Channel Full-range amplifier, which features design elements and superior componentry from Pioneer's Stage 4 ultra high-end car listening system, bringing superior sound quality to a broader range of consumers and vehicles.
The PRS-D800 is a Full-range Class D, bridgeable 2-channel amplifier. The product is unique due to its high power, high sound quality, compact size, and the fact its chassis has been optimized for use as a part of a modular or building block amplifier system. The PRS-D800 is only 10-inches long by 4-1/8 inches wide by 2-inches tall, and has been designed to fit side by side or even stacked with other PRS-D800 amplifiers. Producing a substantial 125 watts per channel into 4 ohms stereo or 300 watts into 4 ohms bridged mono, the applications for this amplifier can be by itself or with multiple units.
High power output and small size aren't the only special features of the PRS-D800. To complement the reference level sound quality of the DEH-80PRS receiver, the PRS-D800 amplifier employs high performance internal components.
- A high-slew rate operational amp is used to reduce the high-frequency distortion inherent to many Class D full range designs.
- Handpicked, matched electrolytic capacitors to obtain consistent frequency response and high dynamic range.
- Oxygen-free copper wire inductors for low direct current resistance and low loss that results in strong, tight bass response and clean mid and high frequency output.
- Chassis construction that features Pioneer's Total Vibration Control (TVC) concept that utilizes anti-vibration materials and advanced structural engineering to eliminate audible distortion caused by microscopic component resonances.
- The PRS-D800 has a rated frequency response from 10 Hz to 30 kHz with total harmonic distortion (THD) of .004% (1 kHz) and a signal-to-noise ratio of greater than 105 dB.
Price and Availability
The Pioneer PRS-D800 will be available in April 2012 for $300.