Pioneer unveiled its ultra-compact controller, the DDJ-ERGO, giving any music enthusiast the ability to make their own unique music mixes. Bundled with the Virtual DJ Limited Edition software by Atomix Productions, the DDJ-ERGO controller enables consumers to be creative with their music collection as soon as they take the unit out of the box. The new controller also incorporates MIDI functionality, making it possible to be used with other MIDI compatible DJ software.
The stylish controller is designed using contoured edges with black, white and gradient colors and a large 115 mm platter for increased operability. The system also features “Pulse Control” that illuminates various areas of the controller to assist in the mixing process.
- Pulse Control — The integrated Pulse Control of the DDJ-ERGO provides users with visual prompts via various types of illuminations on its buttons and platters. The controller utilizes a new “Pure Platter” jog wheel that helps guide the user during performance with the movement of lights in accordance with the pitch, beat, and effects of the music as well as when a song is being loaded.
- Mix Pulse — The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights increases beat matching skills.
- Beat Pulse — The embedded LEDs in the channel faders illuminate along with the beat of the current song playing. The illumination intensifies and weakens based on the output sound level.
- Launch Pulse — Triggers a red light to illuminate on the jog wheel to signify a press of the track load button.
- FX Pulse — The effect being applied to the currently playing song will be represented not only audibly but also via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- Laptop Dock Design — Like Pioneer’s other DDJ controllers, the DDJ-ERGO is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to help save room and bring the screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal positions.
- DJ Software — The DDJ-ERGO includes a copy of the “Virtual DJ Limited Edition” software by Atomix Productions that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, such as making loops, adding effects and creating samples, as well as the ability to mix up to 4-channels and even perform video playback.
- MIDI Compatibility — The DDJ-ERGO is compatible with Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI), allowing up to four-deck control and use of the controller’s dedicated sampler button. The unit is also compatible with various MIDI compatible DJ software such as Native Instruments’ TRAKTOR (not included).
- USB Power — The DDJ-ERGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- High Quality Audio — The unit employs the same audio technology used in Pioneer’s professional DJ mixers for clear, powerful audio output.
- Other features
- Employs a P-LOCK Fader Cap locking mechanism to prevent the channel fader knobs and crossfader knob from slipping.
- Built-in audio interface for high quality sound input and output.
Price and Availability
The Pioneer DDJ-ERGO will be available in November 2011 for $699.
|Bundled software||Virtual DJ Limited Edition|
|Input terminals||MIC x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
AUX x1 (RCA)
|Output terminals||MASTER OUT x 2 (1/4 inch PHONE x 1, RCA x 1)
HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, MiniPin)
|Other terminals||USB B terminal x 1|
|Frequency range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.006% or less|
|S/N ratio||101 dB|
|External dimensions||21.85 in. (W) x 11.02 in. (D) x 4.05 in. (H)
(when removing the feet : 21.85 in. (W) x 11.02 in. (D) x 2.44 in. (H))