Philips introduced a significant upgrade to its award-winning Pronto home control system to allow two-way multi-room control in a mid-end touch-panel unit for the first time. The add-on, called ProntoScript, will initially be available for the Pronto TSU9600 model. The next release of the ProntoEdit Professional editing software, available in July as a free download from the Philips website, includes the ProntoScript tool that enables two-way communication with the Philips Pronto remote.
The increasing integration of home entertainment and automation systems, together with the advent of multi-room A/V servers that allow content to be shared throughout the house, has driven consumer demand to control and monitor diverse home systems from a single device.
The Philips Pronto TSU9600 control panel with ProntoScript provides a completely integrated two-way home control solution in an affordable, easy-to-use touch-panel. The unit can receive feedback from RS232- or IP-controlled devices in real-time, providing advanced two-way functionality beyond controlling home entertainment and automation systems. The Philips Pronto TSU9600 with ProntoScript allows the user, for example, to check whether the lights are currently on in a given room, consult temperature levels of HVAC systems, or quickly read volume levels for A/V devices – all from the screen of the control panel.
“The Pronto TSU9600 is already the preferred touch-screen controller for home installations, thanks to its flexibility, reliability and razor-sharp display with the highest resolution available on such a device,” says Xavier Delmeiren, General Manager, Philips Home Control. “With ProntoScript, Philips is the first to offer a programming environment for advanced home remotes to integrate with A/V components, A/V servers, lighting and HVAC systems, making multi-room control with two-way communication affordable and simple to set-up.”
Philips Pronto includes integrated support for the Escient Fireball Music and DVD managers, Imerge Music servers, Lutron Radio RA and MCE PC. In addition to these systems, a host of manufacturers have created modules which allow Pronto to control their systems.
· In the lighting domain, Lutron HomeWorks, DynaLite, LiteTouch and iLight are supported. “The Partnership permits both companies to enter new markets and field new opportunities that we otherwise couldn’t do on our own,” says Dannielle Furness, Marketing Manager of Dynalite. “We see the Pronto Partnership with Philips as a unique way to offer a better service to our customers in line with what today’s installers’ market is demanding. The co-developed ProntoScript module increases the efficiency of programming for installers and ensures reliable operation of the Dynalite system via the Pronto home controller for full system control beyond just lighting. The benefits are compelling for all parties involved.”
· With HVAC equipment, Aprilaire Systems are supported.
· In A/V Servers: Escient Fireball DVD and Music Managers, Imerge SoundServer S3000 and Xiva supported music servers (Elan VIA! DJ series 2, Revox M37 mkII, Niles DMS4, SpeakerCraft Mode Jukebox and Xantech Xmusic W+), and Kaleidescape Server Systems are supported. “For some time the Pronto provided the best hand-held control experience for Imerge SoundServers,” states James Meredith, Technical Sales Executive of Imerge, “Now with the TSU9600, Philips has taken the Imerge & Pronto experience to the next level. Utilising the latest technology to place metadata and cover art right in the users’ hands, enriching their home audio experience.”
· For high-end amplifiers, two-way communication (e.g. volume feedback) with Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, and Onkyo models is supported.
· Partners who are working already on modules which will be released in the course of 2007 include Russound and Gira.
For further product information, please consult the Philips Pronto website at + www.pronto.philips.com
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a global leader in healthcare, lifestyle and technology, delivering products, services and solutions through the brand promise of “sense and simplicity”. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 124,300 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 27 billion in 2006, the company is a market leader in medical diagnostic imaging and patient monitoring systems, energy efficient lighting solutions, personal care and home appliances, as well as consumer electronics.