Pentax announced the 16-megapixel Optio VS20 compact digital camera with 20x optical zoom lens (28-560mm equivalent) and a second vertical shutter-release button with zoom lever for effortless portrait-oriented shooting. A vertical shutter release and zoom lever give the Optio VS20 a unique feature typically found on DSLR cameras, which lends itself to added stability at long optical zooms, as well as comfortable grip for such images as portraits, high-rise buildings and architecture, monuments, trees, sports action, and panorama frames. The Optio VS20 even includes a vertical tripod socket for outstanding stabilized vertical support. A new Handheld Night Snap mode also is introduced to capture beautiful images with minimal blur and noise even in low light settings.
The Optio VS20 body is built in a compact digital form factor, and offers several other advanced functions and user-friendly features including:
- A 16.0 megapixel CCD sensor with mechanical sensor shift Shake Reduction for stabilized, blur-free images even in low lighting
- A large 3.0 inch, wide view (approx. 170 degrees) LCD for easy image capture and review
- Auto Picture mode that automatically chooses the best camera settings
- Triple Shake Reduction (SR) for sharp, blur-free images and video
- Other new scene modes including Fish-eye, Sketch modes and a Stretch filter for more creative options
Newest Digital Cameras
Pentax Digital Cameras
Price and Availability
The Pentax Optio VS20 will be available in noble black and brilliant white for $249.95 in February 2012.