PHD Plasma High Definition models boast sophisticated design, spectacular sound and appropriate aspect ratios to complement virtually any flat panel display.
MIAMI, FLORIDA, DECEMBER 19, 2005 — Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation, today announced that its three models of PHD Plasma High Definition wall mount loudspeakers have begun shipping. PHD Plasma High Definition loudspeakers are specifically designed to accentuate the look of plasma and flat panel displays. All three models can be installed as main, center, or surround channel loudspeakers in home theater configurations or as left and right channels for traditional television viewing. They mount quickly and securely to walls via included bracket assemblies. “These speakers fulfill the Niles pledge of blending high fidelity and architecture,” said Mike “Sparky” Detmer, Niles’ vice president of sales and marketing. “Our PHD Plasma High Definition loudspeakers complement the look of contemporary high definition flat-panel monitors with a sleek industrial design.”
“With the popularity of flat panel televisions creating extraordinary demand for high performance sound delivery, the PHDs are just what my customers are asking for,” said Mike Flanagan of Home Systems by Design, a Niles dealer in Overland Park, KS. “The Niles PHD speakers provide the right combination of smooth versatility and amazing sound reproduction creating an elegant solution that I can provide to my customers with flat panel display installations.”
Niles new PHD Plasma High Definition models are available in three sizes. All feature a patent-pending Cone Forward driver design that positions the woofer cones to the front of the baffle, which allows sound to radiate freely into the room. Value steps between models are dictated by cabinet size and driver configuration with the top two models featuring an adjustable dispersion-controlling pod that enables more precise imaging and sound staging and can be rotated to accommodate vertical or horizontal placement. The model numbers are organized to identify the flat panel applications where the PHD30 is ideal for flat panel displays of 30-inches or greater. Likewise, the PHD42 matches flat panel displays that are 42-inches or greater and the PHD60 is for flat panel displays that are 60-inches or greater.
• Niles’ PHD Plasma High Definition loudspeakers, which boast a sophisticated design that complements any flat panel display, will begin shipping by December 31st, 2005.
• The PHD30 (MSRP: $399.95 each) employs two 5-1/4″ TCC (talc, carbon, and ceramic-filled polypropylene) woofers and a 1″ tri-laminate Teteron tweeter
• The PHD42 (MSRP: $599.95 each) employs two 5-1/4″ TCC (talc, carbon, and ceramic-filled polypropylene) woofers, a 1-1/2″ tri-laminate Teteron hyperbolic dome midrange and a 1″ tri-laminate Teteron tweeter
• The PHD60 (MSRP: $899.95 each) employs four 5-1/4″ TCC (talc, carbon, and ceramic-filled polypropylene) woofers, a 1-1/2″ tri-laminate Teteron hyperbolic dome midrange and a 1″ tri-laminate Teteron tweeter
• All models feature Niles patent pending Cone Forward driver technology that allows sound to radiate freely into the room
• All models feature rigid, acoustically inert cabinets made of extruded aircraft grade aluminum for clear crisp sound
• All models feature a turbulence-free bass duct system to augment bass energy flowing into the room
• All models feature premium crossover components which provide seamless driver integration
Niles Audio Corporation, based in Miami, Florida, is a 27-year-old company that is recognized as The First Name In Custom Installation. As a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of audio/video custom installation products, Niles Audio has ridden the wave of success on the strength of seven valuable principles including a commitment to a reliable, high-performance, application-specific, product design philosophy, a complete and up-to-date product assortment with just in time delivery, extensive training and technical support with exemplary customer service and strong dealer relationships. Niles is a model brand based on strength, reliability and outstanding performance with a wide range of award-winning, innovative products.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (Tel: 800-289-3343 ext 197) or by visiting: http://www.nilesaudio.com/
# # #
Niles, The First Name In Custom Installation, and Blending High Fidelity And Architecture are registered trademarks of Niles Audio Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.