NEC announced the V651 65-inch LCD full-HD Display to its commercial-grade V Series line. It is designed for extended use in retail, restaurants, indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms. The V651 introduces several new features to the V Series product line. Its full 1080p high-definition resolution provides stunning detail and crisp imagery with a commercial-grade LCD panel that protects against permanent image retention. Along with a built-in expansion slot that allows for seamless integration of NEC accessories, 3rd party components and OPS-based products, the V651 offers built-in low-profile 10W speakers to enhance the users' experience with superior sound. Another new feature is the expanded connectivity with digital loop-through option.
“The V651 is an excellent addition for customers that want to brighten their facility with a product that brilliantly displays dynamic content,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager for Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The addition of the expansion slot future-proofs the display and offers a solution for current technologies like a single-board computer. Customers will appreciate the added features in this new model, as well as the increase in size to accommodate larger areas and audiences.”
- Commercial-grade, sealed panel design with advanced cooling capabilities
- Brightness of 400 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio of 5000:1
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Expansion slot supports the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the industry's first standardized option slot that simplifies digital signage installations
- Enhanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Remote diagnostics and external control including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote, DDC/CI
- TileMatrix technology (up to 100 displays)
- Real-time clock has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Programmable look-up tables (LUT) and 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Optional accessories and products for the V651 include stands, wall mounts, external PCs and media players
Price and Availability
The V651 will be available in June 2011 at an estimated street price of $5,299. The display ships with a 3 years parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.