NEC Display Solutions Announces 26-Inch Desktop Display with SWOP Certification
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, today announced the new 26-inch MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2, a desktop display ideal for graphic arts, desktop publishing, photography and other color-critical environments.
The LCD2690WUXi2 can be seen at Macworld Conference and Expo 2009 (NEC Display Solutions Booth, No. 2510) on January 6-9 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif.
Derived from the award-winning LCD2690WUXi, the new display has a new, wider color gamut panel, delivering expanded blue coverage and improved brightness uniformity. The high-performing MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2 aids with productivity, as its wide-format design (16:10 aspect ratio) provides roughly the same work area as two smaller-sized displays, enabling users to work simultaneously in multiple application windows.
“The MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2 follows in the footsteps of its companions in the highly successful MultiSync 90 Series,” said Stan Swiderski, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “With its multitude of leading-edge capabilities, groundbreaking design and vast number of innovative technologies, the LCD2690WUXi2 allows high-end graphics users to achieve the ultimate in color performance.”
The MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2 is certified with Specifications for Web Offset Publications (SWOP) software, assuring users achieve accurate soft-proof images. The display passed with the “GRACoL Grade 1” test, one of the highest level examinations available for SWOP certification.
The LCD2690WUXi2 contains the following features:
- Wide color gamut (97.8 percent coverage of AdobeRGB)
- Compatibility with the NEC SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution
- Auto luminance control with X-Light Pro backlight/sensor design for consistent brightness and color
- ColorComp technology, which compensates for slight variations in luminance and color uniformity, providing even color across the screen
- IPS active matrix LCD, which provides superior screen performance, including wide viewing angles, life-like flesh tones and dark black levels
- Support for internal programmable 12-bit lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
- Ambient light sensor and automatic backlight adjustment, which allow for use in any lighting conditions
- 1900 x 1200 native resolution
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 320 cd/m2 brightness
- Three selectable inputs (DVI-I, DVI-D, 15-pin D-sub [VGA])
The MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2 ships with a 4-year parts and labor warranty, including backlight, and is available now for shipping with an estimated street price of $1,199.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage.