Motorola announced the XT531, a budget-friendly Android smartphone with a 3.5-inch, extra-bright touch-screen display, dual cameras for vivid video capture, plus social networking features. The XT531 runs on the latest version of Android, or 2.3 Gingerbread and includes a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with built in flash.
Using the Qik Video Connect app you can easily create videos and share with friends in real-time. You can also use the Qik app with the front-facing camera for video chatting. Typing text and email messages is faster and easier with the touch-screen keyboard. Plus, with access to leading social media applications users can stay in constant contact with friends and family.
The fashionable Motorola XT531 also offers unique personalization options through the Moto Switch user interface that enables users to switch between friend and work-centric modes depending on what they're doing.
Motorola XT531 provides eight hours of talk time or 28 days of standby in 3G mode. The battery can handle regular multitasking between apps, games and Web browsing, as well as heavy messaging. Users also have access to more than 250,000 apps from the Android Market and in some countries will have access to SHOP4APPS.
The Motorola XT531 will be marketed as Motorola FIRE XT in Europe and as Motorola SPICE XT in Latin America. The Motorola XT531 will be available as single-SIM and dual-SIM models in select parts of Asia. The dual-SIM model will be available starting this fall.
Key Features and Specifications:
- Runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
- 3.5″ HVGA display with capacitive multi-touch
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus and built in flash
- Front-facing VGA camera for video call, chat and sharing
- Moto Switch UI allows users to shift to different modes
- 800MHz chipset
- 512MB onboard memory
- MicroSD card slot expandable up to 32GB
- Access to Google Apps (Mapping, Voice Turn-by-Turn Directions, 360 Mapping, Google Talk, Browsing)
- FM Radio with RDS support
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- LED notifications
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 1540mAh battery, up to 8 hours of talk time and 28 days in standby in 3G mode
The Motorola XT531 will be available starting this month in China. The device will be available in Hong Kong, Taiwan and select countries in Europe and Latin America starting this fall. Check price →