Enhanced Line Aimed at Audiophiles Who Desire a Captivating Look and Brilliant Sound
MARLBORO, NJ — September 25, 2007 — Consumer feedback led KEF to develop the new XQ Series of high performance loudspeakers, bridging the gap between its flagship Reference range and the highly touted iQ Series. The all-new XQ line delivers the high-end performance expected of KEF products while incorporating a modern design that’s also KEF’s hallmark. Integrating proven technology advancements from the Reference line, the XQ Series consists of five models including the XQ10, XQ20, XQ30, XQ40, and XQ50c with prices ranging from $700 to $1,700 per speaker. This new family represents an engineering and design tour-de-force based on both superb function and aesthetic elegance.
“Building upon the success of our iQ series and Reference speakers, the enhanced XQ line brings KEF sound quality and ingenious design to a new benchmark of ‘high-end affordability’,” said Alec Chanin, president of KEF America. We are confident that audiophiles and industrial design aficionados alike will appreciate the excellent value the product represents in terms of sound quality, material use, visual beauty and price point.”
The XQ product range incorporates KEF’s newest technology upgrades with stylish, elegant finish options. The speakers offer KEF’s Uni-Q array with a sophisticated elliptical dome tweeter and a patented ‘Uni-Form’ flat surround midrange driver for stunningly clear vocals, fabulous imaging and a commanding soundstage throughout the room. Also added in this series is a protective “crown-waveguide” for smoother and more extended high frequency response.
The XQ series is packed with aesthetic enhancements. Designed around the needs of the consumer, each model comes with a high-gloss natural wood finish to complement existing decor. Additional features like magnetic grill attachments and direct fitting WBT terminals were added to further improve this series aesthetic appeal as well as guarantee the ultimate audiophile performance.
Technology advancements in the XQ Series:
Improved sound quality is made possible by:
• New hybrid titanium Uni-Q driver array with aluminum HF transducer
• No hypertweeter: New HF device has bandwidth to maintain extended HF for the latest HD audio formats, without the necessity of a separate hypertweeter
• “Crown-waveguide” device protects tweeter from damage and improves off-axis frequency dispersion and extension
• Crossover network using ultra high-grade, tight-tolerance components
Design is enriched by the following:
• High-gloss natural wood veneer finishes; birds-eye maple, khaya mahogany, and piano black
• Introduction of easy attachment grills using magnets, improved baffle aesthetics
• Audiophile grade WBT terminals are fitted directly to the cabinet
• Milled aluminum anodized front baffle for improved driver decoupling and aesthetics
What is Uni-Q technology?
Uni-Q is KEF’s proprietary audiophile technology allowing its products to deliver unparalleled clarity and accuracy. To achieve this improved stereo imaging, the tweeter is uniquely mounted at the acoustic center of the midrange cone, the position normally occupied by a dust cap. The result is a more spacious, better defined soundstage over a very large area, with exceptional off-axis response and none of the sweet spot limitations of average speakers.
The XQ Series includes the following models:
• XQ 10 (5.25″ Uni-Q Bookshelf Speaker), MSRP of $1,400/pr.
• XQ 20 (6.5″ Uni-Q Bookshelf Speaker), MSRP of $1,800/pr.
• XQ 30 (5.25″ Uni-Q, 1x 5.25″ LF Floorstanding Speaker), MSRP of $2,600/pr.
• XQ 40 (6.5″ Uni-Q, 2 x 6.5″ LF Floorstanding Speaker), MSRP of $3,400/pr.
• XQ 50c (5.25″ Uni-Q, 2 x 5.25″ LF Center Channel Speaker), MSRP $1,200/ea.
All models will be available in September of 2007.
• KEF announces significant design and technology enhancements to its XQ Series line.
• The enhanced line-up includes five models available in three high-gloss natural wood finishes.
• Latest generation Uni-Q technology delivers improved stereo imaging.
• Available September 2007, the XQ Series line-up ranges from $1,200 to $3,400 a pair with matching center channel at $1,200.
About KEF Audio
KEF Audio, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK-based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile-quality speakers for modern home theater, hi-fi and custom installation applications. KEF products, distributed around the world, have won awards on both sides of the Atlantic. KEF is a brand name long associated with style, quality and technical innovation.
Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of innovation and quality. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF remains passionate about its patented, proven technologies such as Uni-Q and ACE. These characteristics, traditions and, above all, quality, secure KEF’s reputation as a world class manufacturer of the best speakers in the world.
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a line of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry for quality and innovation. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground-breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence.
For additional information about KEF and its award-winning products, please visit www.kef.com.