Jaybird just released a fashionable, advanced activity tracker called Reign for $200. The wearable bracelet tracks your daily life in many ways including steps, movement, calories burned, sleep and multiple sports such as running, walking, biking and swimming. It also provides daily Heart Rate Variability (HRV) tests that claim 99% accuracy to an EKG. That reading is used to determine the user’s “Go-Score,” a numeric value out of 100 representing the body’s readiness for activity. The Go-Score is used in conjunction with the user’s activity history to create a personalized daily activity goal. Users seeking inspiration to be more active can view suggestions on how to fulfill their daily goal in the Jaybird Reign app.
Reign’s small electronics footprint is housed in a self-contained and fully waterproof Pod, and is among an elite handful of activity trackers capable of automatically tracking swimming in addition to more standard activities including walking, running, cycling, and sports. All data is transmitted via low energy Bluetooth to a proprietary app on the users’ iOS or Android device, which tracks steps, calories burned, duration, and intensity of all activities.
Reign is also capable of automatically tracking sleep and giving users a recommended sleep goal based on their recent sleep history. The device’s battery lasts 5 plus days on a single charge, and can be fully charged in approximately two hours. Reign’s pod can be housed in the user’s choice of multiple styles, sizes, and colors of band. Each box comes with a stylish Premium Band made of soft-touch silicone and brushed metal with an interchangeable lower band in multiple sizes (either size 1, 2, and 3, or 3, 4, and 5 depending on the box purchased), two seamless silicone Sports Bands (either small and medium or large and extra large depending on the box), and a Biking Ankle Strap. Bands are currently available in black, white, and Jaybird’s signature Charge Green. The Jaybird Reign app will be available on Apple’s iTunes App Store at launch, and in the Google Play Android Market in December.
- Tracks each night’s sleep and records historical sleep patterns; it recognizes your sleep cycles and lets you know how much sleep you need tonight to be at your best tomorrow
- Reads your body and lets you know when it needs to be active by measuring your heart-rate variability
- Flexible design allows you wear the band 24/7 in comfort
- Activity Goals mode sets goals for the day based on past activity, sleep and variable heart rate
- Go-Zone mode creates a score that lets you plan your day based on what your body is telling you
- Biking ankle strap allows you track your activity during cycling
- Waterproof design allows you to wear the Reign while swimming or taking a shower
- Choice of sizes: multiple straps in the box allow you to customize the fit
- Wirelessly connects and syncs to a free app on your smartphone
Price and Availability
The Jaybird Reign is available for now $199.