Intermec, Inc. today announced the CS40, first rugged mobile computer with the size and styling of a smartphone. The CS40 provides the ultimate solution for mobile professionals that require high performance barcode scanning and mobile line of business applications.
Unlike consumer grade smart phones that yield low performance and high failure rates when force-fit into line of business applications, the CS40 is built on Windows Embedded Handheld technologies including the Windows Mobile 6.5 platform and is designed for mobile professionals who need versatile and reliable access and acquisition of information in real-time, at the point of work.
The CS40 enables an all-encompassing business process transformation for mobile workforces in pre-sales, merchandising, field service, long haul and truck load transportation. The new solution empowers workers with uncompromised efficiency, productivity, and uptime necessary to improve business processes and deliver a positive customer experience with:
- The ability to withstand multiple four foot drops to concrete on all corners and sides
- Protection against dust and liquid intrusion from any angle with IP54 rated sealing
- High performance 1D/2D barcode scanning through a true 2D imager
- Advanced 3.75G voice and data communications
- Three mega-pixel color camera
- Compatibility with the full line of Intermec mobile printers, SmartSystems, accessories and peripherals
In addition to running critical line of business applications that improve business processes, increase revenue and reduce the TCO of a field mobility solution, CS40 support is available through Intermec's recently announced INcontrol managed services offering. INcontrol delivers integrated network and device management to remotely track devices, secure network investments, remotely manage and offer dependable performance at the lowest TCO.