T-Mobile announced the upcoming launch of the HTC HD7, one of the world's first smartphones using the Windows Phone 7 operating system. Pairing rich mobile multimedia features with a 4.3-inch touch display — the largest screen available on a Windows Phone in the U.S. — the HTC HD7 promises to keep customers entertained and connected on the go.
The HTC HD7 is the first phone from T-Mobile built on Windows Phone 7, Microsoft's new mobile platform designed to bring together what customers care about most. Instead of the common icon displays on the screen, Windows Phone 7 uses Live Tiles, which allow customers to find out what's going on, what's happening next, and what they've missed without having to open an application.
Windows Phone 7 also delivers an integrated experience on the HTC HD7 through Windows Phone Hubs. Hubs bring together a related set of applications, services and content into a single view to simplify common tasks. Your contacts, music, games and work can be shared, synced and accessed virtually wherever you happen to be.
With the new HTC HD7, customers can access their favorite movies, TV shows, games, music and more on a large 4.3-inch screen. The HTC HD7's top pre-installed entertainment applications include the following:
- Netflix for streaming thousands of movies and TV shows for Netflix members to watch instantly on the HTC HD7's large, crisp screen.
- T-Mobile TV, offering consumers access to live and on-demand TV, including free programming from ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Kids, Azteca America, family holiday movie favorites and more.
- Slacker Radio for listening to free, personalized radio with over 130 genre stations and the ability for customers to create stations of their own.
- Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of games and fun, connecting customers to a global community of more than 25 million active Xbox LIVE members and offering easy access to Xbox LIVE features such as Friends, Avatars, Achievements, Messaging and more.
- Zune for loading people's favorite media — music, movies, TV shows and podcasts — and taking it wherever.
In addition to rich entertainment, the HTC HD7 also keeps customers connected throughout the day with a best-in-class productivity experience featuring the largest virtual keyboard available on a Windows Phone in the U.S. The HTC HD7 includes fully integrated Microsoft Exchange e-mail and calendar as well as Office Hub, which offers customers mobile versions of popular productivity programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace.
Running on T-Mobile's super-fast mobile broadband network, the HTC HD7's 4.3 inch capacitive screen with built-in kickstand is ideal for watching the latest movies and other video entertainment or experiencing a large selection of games and applications. The device also comes equipped with a blazing-fast Qualcomm® 1 GHz Snapdragon processor for a fast mobile data experience.
In addition to the comprehensive entertainment features of the device, the HTC HD7 delivers advanced phone features including GPS functionality with access to turn-by-turn navigation from TeleNav GPS Navigator, Internet Explorer 8, 16 GB of internal memory, HD video recording, and an advanced 5 megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash.
The HTC HD7 is also the first device to offer T-Mobile® Family Room, a new application exclusively from T-Mobile that helps families keep in touch and manage their busy lives. Customers can write a note on a virtual chalkboard and add shared calendar events for their Family Room group to coordinate get-togethers. Sharing pictures and interacting is easy, with real-time notifications alerting users when any family member posts something for everyone to see.
- HTC HD7 will be available from Telefonica O2 in Germany and exclusively in United Kingdom and Ireland.
- HTC HD7 will also be available with Telefonica Movistar in Spain.
- HTC HD7 will be available from Bouygues Telecom in France.
- HTC HD7 will be exclusively available with Telstra in Australia.
- HTC HD7 will be exclusively available with Telecom New Zealand.
- HTC HD7 will be exclusively available with Singtel in Singapore.
- HTC HD7 will be exclusively available with Maxis in Malaysia.
- HTC HD7 will be available with Taiwan Mobile in Taiwan.
- HTC HD7 will be available in Hong Kong with CSL, 3 and China Mobile.
Other Windows 7 Phones Announced
- Dell Venue Pro
- HTC HD7 (you are here)
- HTC 7 Mozart
- HTC 7 Pro
- HTC 7 Surround
- HTC 7 Trophy
- LG Optimus 7
- LG Optimus 7Q
- LG Quantum
- Samsung Focus
- Samsung OMNIA 7