T-Mobile announced the exclusive availability of the HTC Amaze 4G smartphone, which is one of the first to take advantage of the faster HSPA+ 42 network offering average download speeds approaching 8 Mbps with peak speeds around 20 Mbps.
The HTC Amaze 4G boasts one of the best phone cameras, runs on Android 2.3.4, features a Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 Processor with a 1.5 GHz dual core CPUs, and offers the HTC Sense user experience. With support for T-Mobile TV, HTC Watch and additional apps and services, the HTC Amaze 4G is excellent at keeping customers informed, connected and entertained using its gorgeous 4.3-inch qHD super LCD multi-touch display. The powerful handset will also include NFC capabilities for wireless searching, information sharing and, in the future, mobile payments.
The HTC Amaze 4G is equipped with an 8-megapixel camera and 1080p HD video recorder, a backside illuminated sensor for improved low light performance and zero shutter lag and a dual LED flash.
Digital Camera Features:
- SmartShot – takes 5 photos and compiles the best parts to create one perfect shot.
- BurstShot – capture 5 consecutive shots with just one click, so you never miss the action.
- SweepShot panorama – take ultrawide shots then sweep in any direction.
- ClearShot HDR – see crystal clear detail even when shooting in mixed or direct light.
- Perfect Pics – analyzes and scores your photos then groups the best ones for easy sharing.
The HTC Amaze 4G also enables high quality video recording with a full HD 1080p camcorder and an embedded video editor. Customers can instantly capture quality photos and videos with a dedicated camera button and T-Mobile's first direct-to-camcorder button. Sharing photos is easy with one-touch access to post to Facebook, Picasa or Flickr — all at 4G speeds.
Price and Availability
The HTC Amaze 4G (aka HTC Ruby) will be available October 10, 2011 in black or white for $259.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate card with a two-year service agreement and qualifying plan.