Desktop Printer for Photographers, Graphic Designers and Proofing Professionals
Epson America introduced the Epson Stylus® Pro 4900 17-inch printer. Leveraging Epson's latest engineering technology featured in the award-winning Epson Stylus Pro 7900 and 9900, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 combines the precision of Epson's MicroPiezo® TFP® print head with the performance of Epson UltraChrome® HDR ink to deliver high quality prints, fast print speeds, and an extremely wide color gamut.
Utilizing ten colors, including Orange and Green, Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology produces the widest color gamut ever from an Epson Stylus Pro printer and is certified by Pantone to cover 98 percent of the PANTONE® FORMULA GUIDE solid color palette1. Combined with Epson's AccuPhoto HDR screening technology, this ink dramatically raises the level of print quality. The one-inch wide, 360 nozzle Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head excels in dot shape accuracy, dot placement and producing high quality prints at fast speeds. In addition, it features the latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies that virtually eliminate clogged nozzles.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4900 is designed to offer professionals a powerful combination of performance, flexibility and ease-of-use. It includes automatic switching between roll and cut-sheet media, allowing users to have both the front paper cassette and roll feeder loaded with different media types and automatically switch between them with a simple driver selection. In addition, the high-capacity paper cassette holds up to 200 sheets of 8.5″x11″ to 17″x24″ sized sheets.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4900 is available in two configurations — the base model for photography and a Graphic Design Edition including an EFI® eXpress RIP.
Additional Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Features
- Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink: 10-color pigment based ink system provides outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical proofing applications and longterm display permanence for photography and fine art; uses 11 high capacity 200ml ink cartridges with automatic Matte and Photo Black switching
- MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel capable of handling ten separate ink channels; low vibration meniscus control provides highly accurate dot shape and placement and ink repelling coating dramatically reduces nozzle clogging
- AccuPhoto HDR Screening: Advanced screening algorithm produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions with accurate highlight-to-shadow details and ensures consistent color balance, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity and incredibly sharp text and line art
- PreciseColor Manufacturing: Evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print, eliminating the need for internal calibration devices
- SpectroProofer®: Developed jointly with X-Rite®, optional SpectroProofer delivers automation of color management related tasks for proofing applications when driven by industry leading supporting RIP technology; consistency between the Epson 4900 and the 24- and 44-inch Epson 7900 and 9900 make it ideal for remote proofing applications
Pricing and Availability
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Standard Edition – $2,495 (available December 2010)
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Graphic Design Edition – $2,995 (available December 2010)