Adobe Elements Studio Software Makes Home Photo, Video and Audio Editing Easy Unique Features Like Dell Xcelerator and Integrated SideShow LCD Deliver Convenience Optional New Flat Panel Display With Integrated Webcam and All-in-One Printer Completes Total Solution
Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) today announced the XPS 420 — a premium multimedia desktop PC that features Dell-exclusive Adobe Elements Studio software pre-installed, including Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 & Premiere Elements 4 software as well as Adobe Soundbooth CS3 — to simplify multimedia creativity whether it’s producing a slide show, editing a family video or cleaning up audio recordings.
Dell also announced a new 20-inch widescreen flat panel display, its first to include a built-in webcam, and refreshed its line of popular all-in-one inkjet printers with the Dell 948.
The Dell XPS 420
Priced from $1,499, the XPS 420 is powered by multi-core Intel processors and choice of ATI and NVIDIA graphics card to make fast work of complex digital media creating, editing and capturing activities. The exclusive Dell Xcelerator option muscles through one of the most time-consuming digital activities: grabbing video to go or prepping it to upload to social networking sites. Whether it’s transcoding, transrating or transcaling video, the Xcelerator can get recorded video ready for portable devices up to 25 percent faster while reducing the burden of video conversion up to 86 percent.(1)
Blending power and simplicity, Adobe Elements Studio software features:
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 – Helps consumers do more with their digital photos, easily find them, correct flaws, create customized and interactive online galleries and share in imaginative ways.
- Adobe Premiere Elements 4 – Provides aspiring home movie directors the power to create movies in as little as 15 minutes and offers easy drag-and-drop editing, Movie Themes that make it simple to create an elegant wedding video or fun birthday movie, and a wide variety of audio and visual effects. It also supports uploading to a blog, YouTube or burning to a DVD.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 & Adobe Premiere Elements 4 – Features tight integration and a shared Organizer, with a common database accessible from either application. The software gives photo and video enthusiasts more creative ways to organize, edit, create and share digital photos and home movies.
- Adobe Soundbooth CS3 – Features quick and intuitive tools for powerful audio editing, cleanup, sound design, and music scoring in professional and home creative projects.
“Our goal is to help people turn their digital lifestyle dreams into reality, whether it’s viewing family moments and memories, telling your story with photos and videos, creating videos for social networking sites like YouTube, recording TV shows or converting vinyl album libraries to digital files,” said Karen Plotkin, director of consumer desktop marketing. “The combination of the XPS 420 and the Adobe Elements Studio software makes it easy to harness creativity and imagination and share ideas, style and personality.”
“We are delighted that Dell has integrated Adobe Elements Studio software into the XPS 420,” said Jim Mohan, director of product management for consumer digital imaging and digital video at Adobe. “Now, customers have the hardware and software they need to unleash their creativity and easily personalize photos, videos and audio at home.”
Sophisticated Design With Unique Features
The XPS 420 design blends form and function with a focus on convenience. For example, the glossy black front and top panels blend seamlessly with home theater systems, and feature easily accessible input/output ports. For consumers who want portable devices ready to go on the spur of the moment, the top of the XPS 420 features a specially designed storage area with built-in cable management to charge and dock portable devices.
Gadget enthusiasts will appreciate that the XPS 420 incorporates Microsoft’s SideShow technology to desktop PCs. The small color display integrated into the front panel provides easy access to stored media, certain system functions and standard Windows SideShow “gadgets” without using the keyboard or mouse. Standard gadgets include date and time default screen, Audio Playback, Picture Slideshow, Video Playback and PC Monitor. For additional information on the XPS 420 and other XPS products, go to http://www.dell.com/xps420.
New Dell SP2008WFP Display
The 20-inch SP2008WFP is designed for a wide variety of immersive multimedia experiences and features an ultra-fast response time (2ms grey-to-grey) for complex gaming and motion video without ghosting and delays. Users looking for outstanding screen performance will appreciate the high resolution combined with the TrueLife which provides excellent vivid color reproduction and a higher contrast ratio as compared to the same display with an anti-glare coating.
It also includes an integrated 2.0 megapixel webcam with microphone, ideal for online chat and instant message sessions, voice over Internet protocol setups(2) and online gaming. The Dell Webcam Manager software includes easy-to-use applications that guide users in the multiple webcam activities. The SP2008WFP display is available immediately with a starting price of $280.
New Dell 948 All-in-One Printer
Dell’s newest all-in-one printer is Energy Star 4.0 compliant and speedier than its predecessor. It features easy-to-use fax, scan, copy and print functions and photo printing options – with or without connection to a computer – including wireless(3), PictBridge, memory card slots and optional Bluetooth adapter to enable compatibility with select Bluetooth-enabled handheld devices or mobile phones. Ideal for personal and small-business needs, the Dell 948 printer offers untethered printing from virtually anywhere in the home or small office via optional built-in wireless networking. All Dell inkjet printers feature the unique Dell Ink Management System that alerts when ink levels are low. Easy ordering of Dell printer supplies is only three clicks away via http://www.dell.com/supplies.
The Dell 948, available immediately and priced from $149, includes standard one-year Advanced Exchange Service(4) and global recycling options. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com/printers.
First-Class Service for XPS Customers
All XPS desktops and notebooks feature Dell’s first-class service, which guarantees quick access to the best technicians Dell offers for home computers, a 15-month subscription to virus and spyware protection and a one-year subscription to LoJack for Laptops theft protection service(5) (notebooks only). For a limited time, XPS systems purchased from Dell include one year of 10GB of online storage and backup space with Dell DataSafe Online Backup. More information is at http://www.dell.com/firstclass.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com, or to communicate directly with Dell via a variety of online channels.
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, used by Dell Inc. under license. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Photoshop, Premiere and Soundbooth are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Offers subject to change, not combinable with all other offers. Taxes, shipping, handling and other fees apply. U.S. Dell Home and Home Office new purchases only. Dell reserves right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.
(1) Comparing conversion time and CPU utilization for a 10-minute HD MPEG-2 video file to MPEG-4 format on Intel E4400 processor-based XPS 420 system with and without a Dell Xcelerator card.
(2) Service subject to third-party service subscription terms and conditions. Dell is not a VoIP provider or a telecommunications carrier.
(3) PC must have a wireless card, be connected to a wireless network and have the printer software installed for proper function.
(4) Replacement part or unit will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting in advance of receipt of returned defective unit. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. Defective unit must be returned. Replacements may be refurbished.
(5) Not a Dell offer. Certain conditions apply. For full details, see terms and conditions at http://www.lojackforlaptops.com.