D-Link today announced the SharePort Go II (model DIR-508L) cloud router for families, photographers and business travelers with instant USB sharing capabilities to any iPad, iPhone or Android device with the free D-Link SharePort Mobile app, expanded Wi-Fi connectivity, and the ability to recharge other mobile devices in a pinch. The new SharePort cloud router also offers an SD card slot for additional storage and sharing options.
The free SharePort Mobile app offers access to videos, music, photos, and files on Android and iOS mobile devices. SharePortGo II also features a USB port and SD card slot for sharing content from a storage device or charging smartphones and tablets, as well as an Ethernet port that enables users to easily connect to an existing network in a conference room or hotel room. Files can be streamed from connected storage, or copied directly to the device for later viewing, helping increase mobile storage capacity on devices.
“The SharePort Go II packs a powerful set of capabilities into a pocket-sized device that’s hard to live without,” said Daniel Kelley, associate vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Its convenient hotspot mode helps save time and money, allowing travelers to share a single wired or wireless connection with any number of devices. In addition, the USB port also supports third party 3G/4G USB modems for creating an instant Wi-Fi Internet Hotspot to share with all your devices. And, using the handy SharePort Mobile app for mobile devices, USB and SD card file sharing or expanded device storage, it’s easier than ever to record and share a video with friends, send a corporate presentation to people in the audience, or transfer digital photos from a camera’s memory card to a computer in the field.”
- USB Port for seamlessly viewing and synchronizing videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB storage device to any iOS or Android tablet, smartphone or computer
- SD Card Slot to sync and share music, videos, and photos to a notebook, smartphone or tablet
- Portable multi-mode wireless router for personal wireless network of up to 300Mbps
- Wi-Fi hotspot and repeater allows users to share a single Internet connection with a number of devices at up to 300 Mbps
- Ability to act as an Access Point to wirelessly extend the range of an existing network
- USB slot for recharging virtually any smartphone or tablet supported by USB-powered charging
- Free SharePort Mobile iOS and Android apps for tablets and smartphones
- High capacity, 4000 mAh battery that supports up to 8 hours of continuous operation
Availability and Pricing
The D-Link SharePort Go II (DIR-508L) will be available in April 2013 for $119.99.