The New REALiS SX7 and REALiS X700 Multimedia Projectors Deliver SXGA+ and XGA Resolution Clarity For Users Demanding Brilliant Color, Including Education, Medical Imaging, Professional Photography and Graphics, CAD/Engineering and Digital Signage
Continually advancing the features and performance of its acclaimed REALiS Multimedia Projector line, Canon U.S.A., Inc. announced the introduction of two new models: the REALiS SX7 and the REALiS X700. Canon U.S.A., Inc. leveraged its decades of experience as a global leader in optics and imaging technology to engineer these new Multimedia Projectors to satisfy the demands of users in the many markets demanding high-resolution and precise color reproduction. Both the REALiS SX7 and the REALiS X700 Multimedia Projectors feature Canon’s patented, proprietary AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System) Optical Engine, which maximizes the display power of advanced LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) reflective panels to deliver exceptionally detailed, lattice-free motion and still images. The new REALiS SX7 and the REALiS X700 Multimedia Projectors also feature a new, improved 275-watt AC projection lamp that provides richer color reproduction and longer life (from 2,000 to 3,000 hours) than earlier models. The combination of the new lamp and AISYS-enhanced LCOS on these projectors delivers a brightness of 4,000 ANSI lumens as well as improved light efficiency and brilliant color reproduction.
“The new REALiS SX7 and REALiS X700 Multimedia Projectors provide improved display performance, longer lamp life, and even stereo audio connectivity,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A. “Crisp, high-resolution imagery, intricate detail, exceptional brightness, superior color accuracy, and innovative ease-of-use functions are built into most REALiS Multimedia Projector. Now, with the introduction of the REALiS SX7 and REALiS X700, the REALiS Multimedia Projector line includes models engineered to meet the demands of an even wider array of professional users.”
The REALiS SX7: The Top of the Line
With SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) resolution REALiS SX7 Multimedia Projector features outstanding support of Adobe RGB and sRGB color space, which are of vital importance to professional disciplines demanding precise color-matching. Adobe RGB is an extended color space used in critical viewing applications where exacting color reproduction is required. Such applications include: professional photography, graphics and printing; computer-aided design and engineering (CAD/CAM) labs; and medical imaging. Providing 4000 ANSI Lumen high-brightness and a contrast ratio of 1000:1 to help provide clear display of large images even in brightly lit environments, the REALiS SX7’s images are brighter than earlier models. The REALiS SX7 is engineered to minimize operating noise (as low as 31dB), which maximizes concentration when used in a classroom environment. Three stereo audio inputs and one variable stereo audio output provides users with additional flexibility in installing the REALiS SX7 in environments where quality sound is an essential part of visual presentations. The manufacturer’s suggested list price of the REALiS SX7 Multimedia Projector is $6,999*.
The REALiS X700: New Price-Performance Leader
Providing crisp XGA (1024 x 768) images, the REALiS X700 Multimedia Projector delivers exceptional color reproduction and easy, quiet operation. Like the higher-end REALiS SX7, the new REALiS X700’s 4000 ANSI Lumens of brightness helps enable it to display images at a 1000:1 contrast ratio in most brightly lit environments (including shopping malls and large classrooms). The REALiS X700 is ideal for business presentations and boardroom installations and also features three stereo audio inputs and one variable stereo audio output for versatility in sound reproduction. The manufacturer’s suggested list price of the REALiS X700 Multimedia Projector is $3999*.
All of Canon’s REALiS Multimedia Projectors also include:
- 1.7x Powered genuine Canon Zoom Lens that increases the range of projector placement (for complete throw distance information, please visit www.canonprojectors.com).
- Guide Message Display in an on-screen window, providing convenient information and set-up tips.
- Auto Set-Up, which instantly identifies and selects the input source, corrects keystone distortion, sharpens focus, and adjusts for wall color.
- Off and Go, which allows users to pack-up quickly after a presentation by simply unplugging the power cord while internal circuitry continues to run the fan and cool the projector.
- LED illumination, for at-a-glance status of projector connections and operation.
- Convenient remote-control functions for sophisticated presentations, including: Digital Zoom, to enlarge a selected single area of the screen; Spot, to highlight a portion of the image, and Freeze-Frame to freeze and pause the on-screen display during a presentation.
- HDCP Compliant DVI-I terminal, Motion Adaptive IP conversion, and Film Mode (“2-3 pull- down”).
- Multiple PC inputs and digital and analog video inputs. All REALiS Multimedia Projectors are HD Ready with switchable 16:9/4:3 aspect ratio display capabilities.
- Multiple audio inputs from different sources, including PC’s, DVD players, and other playback devices plus variable audio output.
- A convenient built-in speaker.
- Wireless infrared remote control, which works whether aimed at the front or the back of the unit.
- Direct Power ON, which enables the projector to be switched on and off from a central control terminal without actually pressing the “power” button-a crucial feature for overhead installations.
- Remote operation using Canon’s optional RS-NA01 Network Adapter, which features a serial output and Ethernet jack (RJ-45) input. The RS-NA01 can be attached to multiple projectors to allow control through a wired network.
For more information, visit www.canonprojectors.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. delivers consumer, business-to-business, and industrial imaging solutions. The Company is listed as one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies in America and is on the 2006 BusinessWeek list of “Top 100 Brands.” Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), is a top patent holder of technology, ranking third overall in the U.S. in 2006**, with global revenues of $34.9 billion. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/pressroom.
Specifications and availability are subject to change without notice.
* Pricing subject to change at any time. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
** IFI Patent Intelligence, January 11, 2007.