Canon announced their new flagship PowerShot model, the G1 X point-and-shoot digital camera featuring a 1.5-inch (18.7 x 14mm), 14.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, the largest sensor to date for a PowerShot model, delivering approximately nine times more light sensitivity and helping to produce amazing depth-of-field and high-quality images in tough low-light conditions.
The G1 X is ideal for photography enthusiasts looking for the highest image quality in a compact, point-and-shoot design. It features an amazing Canon lens with 4X Optical Zoom, an aperture of f/2.8 to f/16 for beautiful images when shooting portraits and amazing clarity when shooting landscapes along with wide-angle capabilities starting at 28mm. Further adding to the EOS-like feature set of this new model is 14-bit, RAW+JPEG shooting and compatibility with accessories such as Speedlite, Macro Twin Lite or the Macro Ring Light flashes. HDR Shooting has been included to ensure the best possible shot is captured as well. The PowerShot G1 X camera also shoots in Full HD 1080p video ensuring memorable moments are captured in the highest quality.
The Canon PowerShot G1 X camera has a bright, large 3.0-inch vari-angle LCD with 922,000 dots of resolution providing photographers with the highest quality available in a point-and-shoot. The inclusion of the Mode Dial on the top of the camera and the Front Dial helps provide more intuitive control of the camera.
- A newly developed Canon 1.5-inch, 14.3 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates Canon's HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including 14-bit RAW + JPEG, as found in Canon DSLR cameras for the ultimate creative control.
- Shoot beautiful 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- 4x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens delivers exceptional image quality and allows you to capture more in your frame.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- Bright 3.0-inch Vari-Angle PureColor System LCD with 922,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles plus an optical viewfinder.
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 6 frames while maintaining superb image.
- Compatible with Canon Speedlite flashes for additional creative lighting options.
- Mode Dial and Front Dial provide intuitive manual adjustment.
- High Dynamic Range scene mode combines multiple shots into one picture showing greater image detail.
Price and Availability
The Canon PowerShot G1 X digital camera will be available February 2012 for $799.99.