Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of automotive mobile media solutions, today announced that its PND-K3 portable navigation plus Bluetooth system is now available for $349.95 at participating retailers in the U.S.
The PND-K3 is the company’s third-generation portable navigation device. Totally redesigned with a new, slim form factor and updated user interface, the all-in-one PND-K3 combines superior vehicle positioning with Bluetooth hands-free technology.
The PND-K3 has OnPoint Advanced GPS Positioning for optimal vehicle tracking. OnPoint simultaneously uses three technologies — satellite-linked global positioning data, gyro technology (to measure the vehicle’s direction) and accelerometer technology (to measure the vehicle’s speed) — resulting in highly accurate, continuous vehicle positioning in almost any location, even in tunnels and around tall buildings.
Additional features include:
– Total touch screen control via a sunlight-readable 4.3-inch color display
– Simple and intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) with big, bright icons, large buttons and easy-to-understand screen graphics
– Natural-sounding voice text-to-speech announcements that deliver turn-by-turn driving instructions, street and highway exit names
– New assistive mapping visuals that offer essential driving information, such as Highway Junction View (which distinctly indicates the correct lane to use at a junction split) and One-Way Street Icons for clear notification of one-way streets
– 6 million points of interest (POIs)
– Preloaded NAVTEQ maps of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
– Built-in Bluetooth for convenient hands-free phone calls when connected to compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices
– Built-in SD card slot for playback of WMA/MP3 music files
– Customizable map and menu color schemes with eight different color options
For more information, please visit http://www.alpine-usa.com.
# # #