Physical media is dead right? The 2021 H1 sales data would beg to differ. Americans purchased more than 20 million new records during the first 6 months of 2021, 18 million new CDs, and over 100,000 new audio cassettes. Physical media is the only “real” way artists make money – especially when they have not toured for the past 18 months. We have strong opinions about this and you might want to find out why physical media and the concept of “ownership” is refusing to die.
Where to listen:
- Apple Podcasts
- iHeart Radio
- Soundcloud (coming soon)
- Google Podcasts
- YouTube (coming soon)
This episode features commentary from the ecoustics team:
- Ian White – Editor-in-Chief
- Brian Mitchell – Founder & CEO
- Jeremy Sikora – Vintage Hi-Fi Columnist
- Eric Pye – Vintage Hi-Fi Columnist
- Original intro and outro music by The Arc of All.
- Voice Over Provided by Todd Harrell of SSP Unlimited.
- Production by Mitch Anderson, Black Circle Studios.