The ecoustics team goes live on YouTube to record its first-ever live podcast. We’ve released 11 audio-only podcasts to-date, covering a wide range of topics including Blue Note’s Tone Poet Series, vintage audio, MartinLogan’s Gayle Sanders, and Record Store Day.
Our first live podcast on YouTube includes the entire ecoustics editorial team and our newest member — Emiko!
This episode examines what each us aims to experience through the power of music. The topics include:
- What are you listening for sonically? 04:00
- Was there a musical experience, song or life event that changed your perception of what was possible with music? 17:56
- What hi-fi components have impacted you most? 38:00
- Gifts for audiophiles 54:35
This Episode is Sponsored by Black Circle Radio
Roundtable Group Discussion
The ecoustics team appearing in this episode:
- Ian White, Host & Editor in Chief
- Brian Mitchell, Founder & CEO
- Lauren Halliday, Music Editor
- Eric Pye, Contributing Editor
- Jeremy Sikora, Contributing Editor
- Mitch Anderson, Podcast Producer and Host of Black Circle Radio
- Emiko, Musician, Filmmaker and Video Producer
- Hi-Fi: The History of High-End Audio Design (Eric)
- Jazz Kissa Magazines (Eric)
- Your Song Changed My Life (Lauren)
- From Digital to Your Turntable Tee (Lauren)
- Blue Note Tone Poet Series (Mitch)
- APC Voltage Regulator (Mitch)
- Gifting music on Bandcamp Friday (Mitch)
- Support independent artists, buy merch, and swag (Emiko)
- Allied Catalogs (Jeremy)
- Lucius (Jeremy)
- Music and Audio: A User Guide To Better Sound (Brian)
- Cork Platter Mats (Ian)
- Thelonious Monk: The Life and Times of an American Original (Ian)
- R. Crumb’s Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country (Ian)
- Camera Man: Buster Keaton, the Dawn of Cinema, and the Invention of the Twentieth Century (Ian)
- Original intro and outro music by The Arc of All.
- Voice Over Provided by Todd Harrell of SSP Unlimited.
- Production by Mitch Anderson, Black Circle Studios.
Continue listening to all of our podcasts here.