Vinyl finds itself at an unexpected crossroads in 2022; a new generation of listeners has turned the format into a billion dollar industry again and there are not enough phono cartridges in stock to satisfy global demand. If you are in the market for an affordable audiophile turntable, or replacement cartridge, it’s easy to get lost looking through the hundreds of affordable phono cartridges that are available.
Deciding if you want a moving coil or moving magnet (or moving iron if select one from Grado Labs) cartridge is just one part of the decision making process. Editor-in-Chief, Ian White and eCoustics Founder, Brian Mitchell take a look at eight of the best phono cartridges under $350 available now.
- SVS – makers of high-performance speakers, subwoofers, cables, wireless audio gear, and more. Click here to visit svsound.com.
Where to listen:
- Apple Podcasts
- iHeart Radio
- Google Podcasts
- Podcast Addict
- Nagaoka MP-110 – $141 at Amazon
- Sumiko Rainier – $149 at Amazon
- Grado Prestige Series Blue3 – $160 at Amazon
- Audio-Technica AT-VM95ML – $169 at Amazon
- Ortofon 2M Blue – $239 at Amazon
- Original intro and outro music by The Arc of All.
- Voice Over Provided by Todd Harrell of SSP Unlimited.
- Production by Mitch Anderson, Black Circle Studios.
Continue listening: Find all of our podcasts here.
Relate reading: Best Affordable Phono Cartridges (expanded list)