Archive through September 12, 2005Anonymous100
Archive through April 25, 2005Anonymous100
Archive through March 29, 2005kd1970100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 30
This is the last time I'll post this and maybe you guys will take note:
If you flashed your receiver with the 282 bin using (windows 2000) and you are having problems flashing it's because of the operating system! You need to use either Windows XP or ME to flash your receiver.

Here is the deal - in the past you could flash with Windows 2000, however once you loaded bin 282 it caused a communication error. The only way to fix that was to change operating system on your pc! I had that problem and did just about everything you can imagine and once I changed operating systems, BAM, problem solved.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
@fta-crazy

I bet that other pc had windows xp or me.

Anonymous

Can someone please help me? I am new to this whole thing and I know less than a novice.I followed instructions but still could not get my lifetime ultra box to work. I aligned the dish which shows to be getting signal from Echo 6, 8 and 7. I loaded the factory flash bin from the FORTEC website, went menu configurations, searched for the satellite signals I needed, installed a17bar FTA ultra_051106_284Ex_NTSC, scanned for channels( found over 400 channels). Here's the set back though. Anytime I click on a channel, the box works as if it's searching for the channel, a weird number like 8 shows on the box, then a fizzy screen shows up for about 5seconds, and then I'm back to a blank screen. It's like the box is rebooting or something, but I can't watch anything. I'm sorry to sound so ignorant about all of this, but I just started operating this box yesterday, and I know even less than a novice. What am I doing wrong? I'm willing to learn but I don't know where to start. Please help. Anyone? What I noticed is that when I tell the box to scan just FTA channels, it will scan and get only like 4 channels that I can view. However, when I tell it to scan all, it scans and gets the satellite channels, but they wont view, but do what I described above. It's like the box is not descrambling or something.Please help.

Username: Alboholic

Post Number: 7
@SOS
acually a friend of mine brought his lap top with his cable and he had a differen bin file wich he loaded and works for me the old one didn't

Anonymous

have a problem with Viewsat FTA receiver anyone has any knowledge about this unit please advise

Bronze Member
Username: Trucker

Post Number: 11
"Anonymous whith fortec" you need to load the latest bin and scan all.

Anonymous

where can I get the latest ultra bin, anyone? my usual site is down atm and theres a fight on this weekend... :-)

thnx

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 744
[link removed] has various new N2 bins for the Ultra

Silver Member

Post Number: 746
U can use the 256T bin also and start using pansat bins..

Post subject: 256t bin on fortec lifetime ultras

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

start with using the blacklist stb updater 1.3 to load the bin to your ultra

load bin 256T

pick sats you want to use (ex 110-119)

scan sats

set parental control to 0000 on code 2

set default keys

watch tv

thats it

Username: Birazza

Post Number: 1
Hello There,

Looking for the files to update two receivers a FORTEC STAR Lifetime Ultra and a PANSAT 2500A.

Please, if you have this files, point me to the web site from where I can download them.

Thanks a lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 757
knucklehead...can U READ the links above U?...or are U blind?

[link removed] ...now is that simple enough for U to READ..

Username: Coolie11

Post Number: 10
Hi,
Could someone help me, I've got a fortec Star lifetime ultra in NY but I just can't seem to get any local Channels.

I have all the PPV,Sports,Adult and even the International channels. but NO Local's.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Username: Let1on

119 or 110 , depends on what is seen 110 has more PPV , and luts of locls..........

Username: Sonirohi

Post Number: 2
I just installed Fortec Ultra using single LNB to a Echo 3 61.5 satellite. It does not find any channles. My receiver has:

AI7bar - 2.81t
Boot version 6.0
Sept 26, 2005.

The signal strength is 75%.
When I do Power scan it says 0 Transponders found.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
@Peter Upmanis

I'm seing 3 sat's 119, 110 and 61.5

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Hi,
Could someone help me, I've got a fortec Star lifetime ultra in NY but I just can't seem to get any local Channels.

I have all the PPV,Sports,Adult and even the International channels. but NO Local's.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 147
GET YOUR RECEIVER MAILED TO YOUR HOME, FULLY LOADED WITH NAG2, CHANNEL LISTS, READY TO WATCH TV, THIS SITE IS ONE OF THE ONLY SITES THAT DOES THIS!!

PANSAT 2700'S, PANSAT 3500'S, COOLSATTS, VIEWSATTS, FORTECS. ALL OF THE FULLY LOADED, READY TO GO!

[link removed]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
@Rohit - You have the wrong bin! You need to load the 282t bin.

@Coolie11 - What is your set up? What sats are you pointed at?

Anonymous

have fortec lifetime ultra and did a factory reset from menu. trying to load new bin 282t. I keep getting flash update fail. I am using fortecstar stb updater ver3.31. I have the correct cable from radioshack and it is secure. any help?? i am using XP comp system

Username: Sonirohi

Post Number: 3
I received 9pin female to 9 pin female cable with my receiver, but none of my computers have a 9 pin serial port. I suppose that should be the case with all new computers. What do I need to buy? There is one 15 pin Female serial port on my laptop.

dabuddafly
Unregistered guest
how would I get a cable that would fit into my reciever in order to download the fortec star ultralifetime codes?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Anonymous - Check to see if you have firewalls up on that computer and disable then. Additionally, check to see if you have AntiVirus Protection and disable that as well and then do the flash.

Anonymous

to PRFRMNJ
I turned off my firewall but I cant seem to turn off the free AVG antivirus software. I tried with the firewall off and still got the flash update fail. I tried it with the box in the on mode and also tried with starting download as soon as it turned on. It must be attempting to do something as once it says failed and i click cancel the box turns off and on by itself. anyother suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 695
@Anonymous

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to Processes tab, look for avgamsvr.exe (AVG anti-virus) avgemc.exe (AVG e-mail scanner) and avginet.exe (AVG definition updater), highlite each process and press the "End Process" button on the bottom to termite it (don't worry it won't harm your os, all you'll have to do afterwards is just restart the AVG), try that and see if you'll have ant luck.

Anonymous

@h3lt3r
i turned off antispy, firewall off and into ctrlalt and did the endprocess to all the avg.exe. unfortunately i still got the same flash update fail. I have followed all instructions and have correct cable and loader. since i did the factory restore or reset already whatelse could it be??

Anonymous

also i just hooked it up and checked the system info from menu and it shows mar 22 05 alt7b 269. should this even show up if i did the factory setting option??

Silver Member

Post Number: 697
I don't know, I've never had a fortec, maybe you should try a different loader.

Here, if this will work:
hxxp://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2154

Anonymous

be glad you dont have one, i got that loader and it gives me a write failed ER1 message when i try to download. if you can think of anything else let me know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Anonymous - Once you've done all the above use the Blacklist loader. Last but not least, make sure you do the following:

- Turn Receiver off from the back (wait a minute or two and turn back on). Once the receiver boots up it will turn on.
- Turn Receiver off from the front (The middle button).
- Then commence to flash (if you use the blacklist updated it's the "FIX" button you press to flash).

Anonymous

I read this earlier, but you need microsoft xp versions or me to flash. You can't use msn95 or 98. hope this helps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 858
Just some info to pass on...the Fortec Ultra will be discontinued by Fortec at the end of December..But I imagine software will still be available for quite awhile..

Anonymous

your main problem is in the communication b etween your computer and device ,try to configure
the USb port or serial whatever you are using
to your device

fta_crazy
Unregistered guest
Hi Guys,
Came across something I have never seen before. Not that I am very Old with flashing recievers and all, but atleast I haven't seen this before.

A friend of mine wanted to get his Fortec Lifetime Ultra flashed with Nov 7 keys. So he brought the reciever and I hooked it up just to see the previous file version and some information(I have a habbit of hooking the recievers up and look at some stuff before I flash). And to my surprise, the reciever does not have the same fortec Lifetime interface, but that of a Pantec reciever.

I don't know, how is this possible. I looked at it and in the System Information it is showing that on September 24, 2005 a Pantec Clone file 255 was installed. So not sure how this is possible, I thaught that the reciever will work if I flash the No Clone Kill - Pantec file for November 07.

So I did! But when I hooked it back up, there is still no image. I am not sure what is wrong. I am currently trying to do different scans and all, but I donot think its going to work.

So, if someone has been in the same situation, or have some suggestion please help out.

Thank You in advance.
Cheers!!

adelino
Unregistered guest
some one ca help me. If thee is an update software for fortec star 5100 ultra? Boot version 6.1 TPS chasnnels ?
Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Kingdom

Post Number: 16
Guys one bi-tch gave me a bin "X-85BL_051125_260_api(N)". I uploaded this bin to my fortec lifetime ultra. It killed my receiver. It doesn't power on. Can anybody help me please.

uma_sakthy@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
@Kingdom

Ebay.com>search>fortec jtag

Anonymous

Someone hooked it up to a pansat receiver and tranferred that program onto the fortec ,go b ack to factorey settings and start all over ,if that does not work hook it up to another fortec and just transfer the working program onto that receiver very simple

Silver Member

Post Number: 882
260 is a Pansat 2500 ONLY Bev file..and not made for any clones!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

After buy this jtag cable what should I do

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
Go to any DSS site and download the "how to Jtag" files and have at it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
@thill1951

Can you give me the url please

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 183
Good Morning Thill1951; It`s time to get the spoon out, you know you have to , they won`t leave you alone long enough to peruse the threads on their own. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 895
[link removed]

Username: Pqtho

Post Number: 5
Does any one know new keys for Fortec lifetime ultra. Can we use pansat 2700a keys for Fortec. Thank you in advance
pqtho

Silver Member

Post Number: 751
@Tho Phung

All receivers use same keys, they are not receiver specific.

Unregistered guest
how can i enter the keys in my receiver please someone?

cold cold
Unregistered guest
folks,
i have a fortec star ultra. everything works fine but i would like to know how to get rid of the duplicate channels and how do i get showtime and the disney channels.
your help would be most appricated.

Username: Sos

@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

what's means fortec jtag that may fix the broken receivers

try these sites
Unregistered guest
Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed]

As you can see there is lots out there! And it is all FREE.

cold cold
Unregistered guest
hello me again.
i followed the instructions provided and i am trying to get the disney and HBO channels which is on 12297 L tp 6 SR 20000 FEC 5/6 but i am getting very poor quaility and overal
DISH Network on EchoStar 7 at 119.0°W is giving me 85 plus quality but for TP 6 it is very low.
what can i do to get the quaility better.
thanks

1591-lliht
Unregistered guest
@ h31t3r-sk31t3r. Thank U for the nice list....
Did U and Thill-1951 part ways....Its about time
U started to be the head...Who wants to be the
tail all the time....Good to see U are back...
Hope your friend Thill comes back soon....and
starts to be nice to people....ROTF

Helperlicious
Unregistered guest
Cold

Use and load a channel list with Channel Master. it will edit and fix all your channel problems.

coldd
Unregistered guest
Thanks Helperlicous, appricate you help. there fore i must download this channel master list and what about not getting the quaility for TP 6 while all the others work.
please advise thanks,

Username: Thill195i

Post Number: 8
@coldd

If you would of done your homework, U would of realized that was your problem. I am getting sick and tired of these ignorant people.

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 972
Then leave here for good!!!!!

colddd
Unregistered guest
thill relax man guys my fortec will not power on. can you tell me what i should do. t

Anonymous

I have loaded few bins, entered few different set of numbers and still nothing.

I do not see N2 option anywhere when I go to input keys. Is there a bin that will
give me an N2. right now I loaded 282t2 annd before that I loaded fortec virgin file. channels still say scrambled? I have been at it for a day now and no luck. If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Anonymous

Hey; Maple leaf you have been fooled, look at the # of posts for thill and username.

Silver Member

Post Number: 978
No it's him.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/180012.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 947
Maple leaf... I find it amusing that U have INCORRECTLY accused me at least 10x of Posting,when I haven't...I am NOT the anon U think and I am NOT the thill1951 with the low posts and incorrect username..that is a NEW person, impostering me...yes my old nick was banned,but Ecoustics must have unbanned it,cause I can use it now...and somebody else registered using something close to my nick but with OBVIOUS differences..

and I can see I was wrong about U, I always gave U more credit than U deserved!.....U are stupid and naive....I always said U were a mod here,but obviously U're NOT...the mods log the Ip's and U would know who was real and who's the fakes...but U don't,so U cannot be a mod here..

OK...done posting here...just wanted to set the record straight about the imposters of me..I still hate this site here!...www.dsstester.c*om is great!

Silver Member

Post Number: 982
Thanks and bye bye . I told you i was not a mod here. You wouldn't listen.

Username: Artyboy

Anyone home?

Username: Artyboy

How do i get the channels to start where they leave off after scanning 110 and 119?

Username: Frittzy

Quick question, new to this, im running fortecstar lifetime ultra of 110 and 119, everything is up and runing fine, but i am unable to get any guide info (whats on, times, etc etc) all i see when i press guide is the channel shortform, can this be fixed so that all info is there?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
I am new in this field. I have Fortecstar Lifetime Ultra and try to download bin file from PC to STB using FortecStar uploader program from Fortecstar site. However, I recieved error message "Model does not correct". My box system is: Al7bar FTA Ultra, Al7bar 2.47, Boot version 6.0, Dec 02 2004 (Nt). Do I need more file or any other action before I can download?

Thanks,

Bronze Member
Username: Trucker

Post Number: 13
"grouper" use the bl-updater and upload latest bin file. you won't have to enter model. the bin you have listed above is a factory bin, it will not get charlie. try going to one of these sites dsstester.cm,ftacentral.cm, or pantecdvb.cm. be carfull of the killer files out there. add a o between the .cm for com

poorman
Unregistered guest
is there a pin file for my lifetime ultra to
get bell? and is it ok to use?

beaver man
Unregistered guest
yes,the 261 bin

Silver Member

Post Number: 994
Has any one notice how many fortec's are not working. Get a good unit. This whole forum well 90% are fortec's down should tell you something!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Thanks 808.

Anonymous

mine is gone right now. please letme know the new keys.thanks

same_old_same_old
Unregistered guest
I have a fortec ultra lifetime and it has always worked flawlessly. The big difference I think is that I never post, I just read read read. it's really amazing. all the information is there. there are a lot of good posts with lots of info, but there are also the same questions over and over and over and......

Anonymous

any one can help with the fortecstar keys

timmy9699
Unregistered guest
how do u enter keys ? dont u have to update software. mines is gone right now to

timmy9699
Unregistered guest
how do u enter keys ? dont u have to update software. mines is gone right now to

Username: Random_guy_2004

there are no new keys yet. wait.

Username: Mos

hi im new in this, i would like to know how can i upgrade my fortec lifetime ultra, i already install the new boot version:boot_Al7bar FTA Ultra_ver61_040515 and the new al7bar:Al7bar FTA Ultra_112005_284t3_12H_clock_api(NTSC)
but its keep doesnt give me anything ( i dont receive any of echo 3 stallite channels, they all scrambled) does anybody know if i have to do something extra to be able to get those channels i will apreciate that

Username: Lyncher

im having the same problem as mos is any new info would help with fortec star lifetime ultra thanks

Username: Lyncher

im having the same problem as mos is any new info would help with fortec star lifetime ultra thanks

timmy9699
Unregistered guest
where do i get the new software from ???????????

Username: Mahdito

CHINA, NEWYORK CANADA

hi the program of fortec lifetime ultra u can find it here http://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11447

and someone can tell me what can i do to when i upload the new bin it dont RESET my chanel and my satelite chanel because everytime i want to put the new bin i have to re scan again plz help me (give me the program and information to i dont have all time to re put chanel )thx

eyeintel
Unregistered guest
Ok, I understand that I have to upload a bin file from several different sites. What is the connector called to connect my xp system to my receiver? I have the Fortec ultra. Has anybody found the new keys?

hi i dont know if i heard someone saying after uploading the new bin and the boot version boot_Al7bar FTA Ultra_ver61_040515 and the new al7bar:Al7bar FTA Ultra_112005_284t3_12H_clock_api(NTSC)
that i have to upload a channel list
could someone tell if thats right and where can i get this channel list
thx

Username: Alboholic

USE RS232 cable(its a SERIAL CABLE WITH BOTHE ENDS FEMALE)

here are the keys:
00: 3D 73 19 22 27 5D C2 C9
01: 97 96 5A 0C A5 79 27 F9
i hope this help..........enjoy

eyeintel
Unregistered guest
Has anybody with fortec loaded the FTA bin and with the new keys? Did it work? I just purchase the rs232 cable.. thanks again Tim and others....

Anonymous

has anybody the last firmware of the lifetime ultra of fortec.

BUTT-FVCKER
Unregistered guest
What a punch of fvcking fruitcakes...."CAN"T
READ SH*IT....Fvck off Tim and U other fvcking
FOOLS....Thill-1951 Is right about U punch....
sh*it for brains....ROTF

cool site
Unregistered guest
www dot undergroundforever dot com

Randalicious
Unregistered guest
For all the guys having problems with channel lists and missing channels.... you need to use the program channel master and you need to upload a current channel list. There are some lists out there that people have spent time organizing all the channels and making them a user friendly list. So after you flash your reciever you load the channel list and you are all set. I attached a channel list that I last used to modify for myself, but you will need to download the program Channel Mater and read the instruction manual.

And for the guys causing trouble on these posts let me say in advance fuq you ! People do need to take the time to do some reading but we don't need you retards on here posting useless messages insulting people.

Teacher
Unregistered guest
Hello,
I am new to this and I have read a great deal. I appreciate the help that is here, I just wonder what pleasure people get from being rude and ridiculous on the forum. Answer or not, but you have to be a little twisted to enjoy berating people who know less than you. I have a Fortec Lifetime ultra that I bought to be able to pick up Spanish channels and have since found that there is a great deal going on with the FTA. I don't know if I want to change the bin file on my Fortec, but at least here I find out where and how and what the risks are. For that, I thank those of you who help. We appreciate your feedback, and generally ignore the trash talk. Again, Thanks.

Username: Terrence

TERRENCE, ON CAN

I have the same receiver that U have and I went
to (DSS.tes*ter.com) and got the bin file with
the keys in the bin file...The file U need is the
282-t....And it works fine....Also I have the
channel list for Bell exp....But I have not used
a bin file to get Bell exp-view because its burning the Lifetime receiver....I going to wait
to see whats going on before I put Bell in my
receiver....Also I don't know if they have Autoroll for the Lifetime yet....Best to wait and
see whats going on with Bell....Dishnet is fine
for me now....Everything that on Bell is also on
Dish net....Hope this helps u...Also I don't mind
being rude sometimes...Take it easy and U will
be fine....cupcake....ROTF

hi im having little trouble this time
i did all the step
i download to my receiver the new bin 284t3
i did the channel list thru channel master

the only what im missing is the signal, i have no signal at all and i know evrything is hooked like normal

so plz
can someone tell how to get the signal back plz

Username: Musa270

HELLO i am new to this and i was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how to fix my channels because evry time the codes get changed this guy sharges me 75 dollars to fix it and i think its a rip off and could anyone tell me how to do it myself bosnasmostwanted@insightbb.com that is my email please contact me

Username: Terrence

TERRENCE, ON CAN

Post Number: 4
-What city do U live in! Mr.Channel list

well im living in montreal area and everything ws working find till last week when the channel went down so i did load to my fortec ultra the 282t bin it didnt work i tried with 284t bin also the same thing and i laod the channel list in channel master
does anybody have in idea what should i do
i believe the only which's im not able to get is the transponder frequency its given me no signal

so plz plz plz plz plz help me
thnx

Anonymous

hi im living in montreal area
im having trouble with my fortec ultra
everything was working find till last when channel went down i did load the 282t bin it didnt work i tried with the 284t3 bin same thing
and i did load the channel list from channel master evreything seems to me find except that transponder frequency which's given me no signal

so plz plz plz plz plz plz can someone help me plz thnx

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951

Post Number: 56
sorry...no help for you, you're a fcuking retard...NEXT...ROTF

RIZZO!!
Unregistered guest
New sheriff in town!Gonna clean things up around here,including bag of sh1t!! ...like ROTF!

Anonymous

Just passing thru and noticed that a lot of peeps here are using the Ultra bin 284t3. DO NOT USE!! On many other fta sites this bin is banned. The bin is written to wreck Ultra's. Use bin 282t2 or 282t3 and you'll be okay. btw, try www dot ftatech dot net for good, impartial, safe files and info. There's a lot of weird stuff happening in fta recently and this site is small but very good. imho Good Luck.

RED_BUS_GREEN_BUS
Unregistered guest
Lifetime Ultra....DON'T put nothing but the
282-t Bin for NOW....What and See....Don't
fry your receiver...ROTF

biverland
Unregistered guest
Way is no autoroll for FORTEC ultra...
So many end way ...00000 ...on NET

Username: Toucher

can someone help, i have fortec lifetime with boot 04 so please can you tell me where to get the file and how to flash to my receiver from my laptop

thanks

Username: Machster

Hi Gang. I (a newbee) have a new Fortec Ultra, installed yesterday, worked with FTA channels. Today loaded 2.82t3 and did scan but can't find any channels. Says no program after scan. Do I need to reload? Any ideas? Thanks

The Fly
Unregistered guest
What do i have to do to get Bev on my Fortec
lifetime ultra, also what about autoroll for
my lifetime ultra, where can i get the files
for Bev and autoroll. sorry iam new at this.
thank you

The Fly
Unregistered guest
What do i have to do to get Bev on my Fortec
lifetime ultra, also what about autoroll for
my lifetime ultra, where can i get the files
for Bev and autoroll. sorry iam new at this.
thank you

RGOD
Unregistered guest
I THE FLY SO YOU ARE NEW I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE ALL THE PLUG & PLAY TO INSTALL.

Letmeon
Unregistered guest
282t3 Fortec bin cannot change the N2 keys !!
They are in the bin.
Had rec reprogrammed to Pansat, can change N2 keys.

Username: Cm61667

Pomeroy, Ohio Us

can someone tell me what i need to get for my computer so i can program my box when it goes out????please!! i need a list of things and programs...it would be greatly appreciated!!

eye
Unregistered guest
Ok, Fortec Fans........

Heres some keys that gives all
01: 8A C4 96 93 EC 79 9D 57
00: 01 C5 FB 21 37 B6 C0 5E

ppv, adl, passes for sports...works for Ultra

It works!! Dishnet :Nkeys
FYI: unless you have a old laptop or desktop with XP pack1 or older windows you can't connect with a USB port and rs232. Beleive me I tried with my Sony xp..... and with other connectors...

Username: Maja125

LOOKS I KILL MY FORTEC ULTRA IS NO HELP?

eye
Unregistered guest
Explain? Chris A

BIN 264 KILL DURIMG DOWNLODING NO LIGHTS NOTHING

Gold Member

Post Number: 1081
264 is NOT an Ultra bin..its a genuine Pansat 2500 bin from Blacklist who said it will kill clones and others..now U must Jtag that Ultra..

HOW I CAN DO IT?

Username: Rzoo4u2c

Just loaded (Albar FTA Ultra 121505 282t3 12H clock 12H clock New Keys.BIN) onto fortec Ultra made March 2005. It did not damage it , however when I reloaded the channel list after the bin file I got no channel reception. I reinstalled the dec 6 bin file and my channel list and all of the channels that I had before are back. STILL MISSING FOX, HBO-W,HBO-E. THERE MUST BE SOME KEY PROBLEM IN THE BIN. AS I LOST ALL CHANNELS. I DID GET THE PROGRAM AIRING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN, SO I KNOW IT IS GETTING SIGNAL. PLEASE RESPOND THANX.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1084
lost all channels,then set the default key when using the 1215 bin..most like the 256T bin better...go read the Fortec area discusions at www.dsscommunity.co*m Forums

Kai0803
Unregistered guest
I cant for the life of me figure this out, I cant seem to get DN w/ my fortec lifetime ultra. I recently moved and setup my dish got 80 signal and 80 quality. Flashed w/(Al7bar FTA Ultra_120105_282t_api(NTSC)new keys.bin) and did a satillite scan and only receive a few expressvu channels, i have a small 18" dish w/ 1 lnb, I've tired everything i can think of, (flashing back to original settings, setting back to default setting before i flash) anyone got any suggestions??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1087
Use the satellite finder file and align your dish to 110 or 119..Bev is 82 or 91,which U are presently aimed at, if U are getting expressvu channels..Files are at every DSS site,except here..U have to physically re-aim your dish..

kai0803
Unregistered guest
I have a small problem, no matter what i do, i cant seem to get the list of satillites back out, rite now its only has 2 in my list, one at 118.9W (it should say Echostar 7 119W and Echostar 6,8 110W, but it say Echo 119 118.9W and Echo 110 109.9W, which i assume should be correct ones, do you how i can get the list of satillites back??

Dean1000
Unregistered guest
Hi all, I have a lifetime ultra reciever and i haven't used it in a few months cause we moved, what is the best way of aiming the dish? is there any tricks that make it easy?

kai0803
Unregistered guest
Dean, No real easy way of doing it, just climb on u'r roof and check out what direction the dishes your neighbors are pointing, directtv and DN are facing the same direction, DN u'll just have to play w/ it.

dean1000
Unregistered guest
ok thanks, I'm also interested in learning how to program my reciever, I'm going to be trying to get dish net, i got 2 dishes that i will be pointing at 110 and 119, where is the best place to get the lastest bin files?

Kai0803
Unregistered guest
you just need 1 dish w/ 2 lnb, and a DiSEqc Switch, bin files are everywhere, try dsscentral . net their usually pretty good

Post Number: 9
Ok here we go... I flashed to 256t everything ok, but where do I set the keys?

I found it. second pin! 0000

Username: Sonai

Hi everyone!I need help!
Can anybody help me with the new key for telstar 5?
for romanian chanels?
Thanks a lot!

I LOST LIGHTS NO SINGS OF LIFE IN FORTEC ULTRA LIGHT AFTER I AM LOADING BAD BIN ANY HELP?

mr.dishnet
Unregistered guest
good for you ya little fu.ck next time subscribe like every other honest person. i will catch all of you little retards,the laugh all the way to the bank hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahha

SORRY I HAVE SUBSCRIPTION FOR DISH NETWOK
SO MAYBE YUO FU CK OF IF YOU DON'T NOTHING ABOUT

can someone tell me what i need to get for my computer so i can program my box when it goes out????please!! i need a list of things and programs...it would be greatly appreciated!!

my e mail
www.bosnasmostwanted@insightbb.com

Post Number: 6
i am sorry its bosnasmostwanted@insightbb.com withought the www.

Bronze Member
Username: Thill_luvs_cock

Post Number: 17
wow...you're quite the dumb fcuker arn't ya...now you're going to get a crap load of spam from thrill and his buddies...this will teach you not to put your email in open forums...you stupid fcuking idiot stick...ROTF

i dont really care i just want to know how how to do this thing because i am tierd of paying some one 75 dollars evry month

Bronze Member
Username: Thill_luvs_cock

Post Number: 18
listen you fruitcake...I think I can help....If you paypal me a one time fee of $100Us...I will ship you a cd with all the programs that you need and the latest file and a readme note with step by step instructions on how to program...I will also ship you the correct cable to program your box...let me know fruitcake...ROTF

knee.kneeegrow@gmail.com ..leave out one of the "e"s in kneeegrow

mp3dog
Unregistered guest
There's tons of information for newbies at www.curious-contraptions.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
Its too bad when 1 person like Kneegrows can control/cause trouble etc to an entire Forums and the site allows it!....hmmm, maybe he works for the site!...For those that are still here, thats what I've been saying here for over a year now!

soo can you help me with my question or not

Bronze Member
Username: Tomuch4you

New yorkUsa

Post Number: 44
What we have is Thill 1951 posting vulgar remarks
and then saying its someone else....Thill do you
think that we are that stupid!!!

Another thread hijacked by thill 1951. And they
serve this sight nothing but vulgar remarks towards others.

Post Number: 9
so can anybody help me

i am a new bee and i would highly highly appreciate it if somone helped me i have a fortec star ultra and i need to know what program to use and how to use it please can somone help me LOL i am pretty dessparate and i heard about the black bird program is it any good

vitquay
Unregistered guest
any one knows if Bev is working on Fortec? I have tried few bins but none seemed to work. Thanks for any advice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1103
try using the 256T bin..

Username: Foe

Does anyone know the weakest transponders on 110 & 119 for dish peaking purposes. Also have 2 separate dishes running through an Expressvu SW21 switch(doesn't look like the the SW21 I see on the net)to a fortec lifetime ultra. My channels are intermittent, sometimes they are there and sometimes it say bad or scrambled channel(when it does this all I do is change the channel and go back & it works). I think it is either a switch or LNB problem. Have done a lot of reading, but cannot seem to find my answers. When I did the blind scan I did them with each dish hooked to the rx one at a time. Should I have done them while both were hooked up through the switch? Once I know my dishes and switches are configured correctly I will be able to move on, cause right now it works like sh*t....

Do I have to change any settings(such as 22khz) for either echo6 or 7 in the Fortec to work with my switch?

Thanks.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1111
It surprises me why people with these units don't do a google or yahoo search for Fortec or whatever. You come up with a thousand sites that have all the information you need to get your units up and running and it's free. If they didn't make it free and didn't keep it up to date, they couldn't sell more units. And if you can find your way here, don't tell me you can't find those sites.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 236
Hey Bill; Look down the list of threads and select "try these sites for help files", every ? you have is answered among them, good luck and Merry X-Mas.

Silly-e-Thilly-e-boy
Unregistered guest
@ Hitch-e-b1tch-e-boy, I see U are back...I
understand it took U two days to get your
fvcking head out of Thill's BUTT...It was a
long ride back, a azz o....How about this,If
U are nice I will let U s_u_c_k my dick....ROTF

Anonymous

hi 2 you antone has the keys 4 the fortecstar please

Bronze Member
Username: Whatzzzuppp

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 12
i need the keys 4 the fortec anyone can help here thanks a lot

FUJIFILM
Unregistered guest
All of you FORTEC owners, look at the FORTEC ULTRA(ONLY) post.

Everything is back.

FUJIFILM
Unregistered guest
All of you FORTEC owners, look at the FORTEC ULTRA(ONLY) post.

Everything is back.

Bronze Member

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 13
i asked 4 the fortec star please
fujifilm could u help me thanks a lot

Anonymous

what is the fortec ultra can u explain more

FUJIFILM
Unregistered guest
Just go to the FORTEC ULTRA (ONLY) post and go to the website I gave. Download the bin, upload it,and you are good to go.

Bronze Member

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 14
anybody could help 4 the fortecstar please

Anonymous

what website

Anonymous

FUJIFILM could u explain me more if u don't mind
i will be waiting 4 ur respond thanks a lot

Username: Ashkit

I have a X-05BL_051213_136eubx_au_api.bin file for autoroll in fortec lifetime ultra. Will this file work for autoroll. Also does any body know what file I need for BEV. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

any one know where i can find the program for 110 and 119?

Username: Kamal

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 6
any none can help me with fortec life time ultra
i did the falsh download and evry think is ok and i turn my receiver off and on again and the line keep going front and back all the time i did try to falsh it again and still the same think all the time i can`t even see the on in the receiver itas only those line please helpe
tahnk you

TRYAGAIN
Unregistered guest
@GHRIEB
FLASH AGAIN, USING BIN 282T2_12h_CLOCK_API(NTSC)DEC 20.BIN
TIMING IS VERY CRITICAL. SHOULD HIT DOWNLOAD ON 2ND OR 3RD FLASH LIGHT.

RR
Unregistered guest
there are different type of cable use for Connecting to PC for software upgrades. I am confused which one have to use? extionsion DB9 Female to DB9 Female or null or straight and from where i can buy? not online

Username: Utg311

PUERTO RICO , PR PUERTO RICO

MAIN PROBLEM: MY RECEIVER DO NOT DISPLAY ANY IMAGE OR SOUND TO THE TV.
BRIEFING:
THE UNIT WAS WORKING GREAT UNTIL I TRIED TO REACH A SATELITTE USING THE SCANNING. THE SCANNING START AND WHEN FINISHED...BOOM NO DISPLAY TO THE TV ANYMORE. I TRIED TO FLASH A LOT OF BIN FILES AND THEY DOWNLOAD WITHOUT PROBLEM BUT STILL WITHOUT IMAGE AT THE TV. ALSO I TOOK THE RECEIVER TO FACTORY FLASH AND KNIGHT RIDERS LIGHTS START TO APPEAR. AGAIN I BRING BACK THE UNIT WITH THE LATEST FLASH FILE AND THE ONLY PROGREES IS GETTING THE "ON" DISPLAYED IN THE RECEIVER AND THE HOUR.

ALSO JUST IN CASE DID YOU KNOW SOMEONE FROM PUERTO RICO WHO WORKS WITH THE FORTEC UNITS?

Girls-&-Boys
Unregistered guest
Bush the button for download when knight
rider light looks like a u. when its at
8 you are to late the download will fail.

Mr.Bean
Unregistered guest
for fortec lifetime ultra

I made time last night to go through the following steps and record them.
using bin.....

Al7bar FTA Ultra_112005_284t3_12H_clock_api(NTSC)

How to change the NAGRA2 Key codes
(for Fortec Lifetime Ultra only)

1- Press Menu button on your remote control

2- Press right arrow key 2 times Channel Edit

3- Press down arrow key button 2 times, press OK (Code) enter 1010

4- Press the down arrow key to Set Default Key, click OK

5- Press the up arrow key to Nagravision click OK

6- On your top left you should see Nagravision-1...if not, then you've got the wrong BIN version.

7- Press right arrow key until you see Dish Network on top

8- Press the down arrow key once to Key Number

9- Press right arrow key 2 times the from Key Number 00 - 01 - 00

( Now take notice that on your top left you should see Nagravision-2 now )

10- Then press DOWN button key to change the keys manually on Key Number 00

11- After you have changed the 00 Nag. 2 keys press the up arrow to the key number and press the OK button to save the 00 keys (you cannot save the keys when your cursor is in the key area)

12- Press the right arrow button to change to 01 Nag. 2

13- Enter new Keycode, do the same procedure to enter the the keys on Key Number

14- After you have changed the 01 Nag. 2 keys press the up arrow to the key number and press the OK button to save the 01 keys (you cannot save the keys when your cursor is in the key area)

(Note: remote control key letters equivalent)
A = Sat, B = i, C = Tv/Radio, D = Pause, E = Audio (speaker), F = EPG

15- Hit EXIT once and check that you haven't turned the key code off.
If you locked the KEYCODE (OFF) use this default password 1668 to turn it on.

16- Press EXIT key 2 more times to exit to the channels.

You should now be able to begin your testing

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
Listen up!

With a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, you ONLY have two choices for bin files:
1) 282t bins (whichever key update)
2) 256t or c bins (again, whichever key updates)

DO NOT TRY to use anything other than the 282 or 256 bin files.

You have been warned!

Pro's and Con's

282t Pros
A) Colors are bright, and controls from remote seem normal
B) Safe to use with all versions of Lifetime Ultra

282t Cons
A) When installing new bin file (when keys change), you need to do a complete re-set of the satellites, channels, etc.
B) No manual key change is possible with this bin file series.

256t or 256c Pros
A) Manual key change is possible. Method is well documented.
B) If you rename satellites correctly, you can get Dishnetwork channel listings to show correctly.

256t or 256c Cons
A) Colors on TV are too dark. Not as bright a picture for some reason. Very annoying!
B) Remote menus not as straightforward as for the 282 version.

Also, so far I have NOT seen any evidence that either of these two bin series have "autoroll" feature. That is, the ability to automatically detect and change the new Nag2 keys when they come around. Just not available with the Fortec Lifetime Ultra.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us