Archive through October 28, 2005

Anonymous

Hello everyone,

I am newbie here, my TFC Channel(The Filipino Channel) is already blocked.I was watching this without subcription for the last 4 months previously. Anybody here can guide me to restore it, I am using PANSAT 2500 Receiver.

Please send your valuable opinion to my email: tabango@lycos.com

Thank you very much,
Buddy

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 125
Hello, this is Tim from Okay Krafts.

Yes, it is true, the new hack for Nagravision 2 is out, and working! Blacklist has cracked the code. All channels are now OPEN AND FREE!! Adult channels, free!! Pay Per View channels, free!!

If you need all the info you need to upgrade your fta receiver, from video how to's, to uploader software, to channel lists to download, to the new nagravision 2 fix, it has every software to get free channels from dish network.

This cd includes my email support if you need help in getting started, or have any question on installing.
If you need this cd, it will be available this week to pansat owners, it is discounted to $25.00. This is postage paid.

[link removed]

candy man
Unregistered guest
i have fortec star lifetime ultra how do i download a free software???????????????????????????????

Username: Help12

Post Number: 1
can any one help me with my fortecstart

bob1
Unregistered guest
kingdom i had same problem i just did a powerscan and alphabatized my channels and live with it but if you have a solution i would love to hear it lagerdrinker@yahoo.com

Username: Kingdom

Post Number: 9
to solve me & bob1's problem, you guys can help. On your receiver you can read & save your channel list in your computer. And everyone before you upload any channel list file in your receiver do the same above. Coz its a backup file of your channel list. Even you mess up channel list it will help you after.

To perform this action download this file & install
http://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2493&d=11 28533580

then open any channel list (.gtd)file. Open a new page then read your STB & save it. to do this you need to keep turned on your receiver. I need this saved file guys. Please help me

uma_sakthy@yahoo.com

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 47
U need what saved file?...If U need a channel list just go download one from any reputable DSS site...Dido Smiths channel lists are popular and post everywhere..use Gtools for channels lists..or channel master..

Go to www.dsscommunity.c om..then FORUMs...then FTA File Share area for many channel lists and utilites on how to make ,SAVE, edit channel lists..

Channel Master Instructions.pdf
(size: 915.3 KB last modified: 09-24-2005 )
channel master instructions

BTW..Important to go to FORUMS first and get the File share there...there is a File share at the dsscommunity.c om home page, but that one is not very good..

Also can go to www.dsscentral.n et home page and there are many very good FTA files in the File share area on the left,..along with Latest files area column too

Unregistered guest
John Kratz, I did as you stated.

After I flashed the ROM using the BIN file Al7bar FTA Ultra_050926_282_api(NTSC), and hooked back to TV.
My Fortec Lifetime Ultra didn't work. No Menu appears on the TV at all. Only a green bar light flashing around on Fortec. Someone told me I might already damage my receiver. What happen?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
U have "nite rider" lights...green bar flashing/dashing..read this...and there is a thread here already "Original factory Flashes" with a link to the fortec and all receivers..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing lights):

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and pansat 2700 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #! if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Bronze Member
Username: Decko

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 13
hey thill1951 i wont to ask you if is some where bin for nagara 2for fortec star for bell chenals
i have dishnetwork but i wil like to bell
please hellp me
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
No bell/bev bins yet for nagra2...for any receivers.

ralph hu
Unregistered guest
Thank thill1951 and John.
You are so helpful.
I flashed the 272, 282 Bin files. And got all the channels, even without scanning.

Those retailers are so bad, they told me my received was damaged by Logical Bomb, and asked me to return for repair before.

Post Number: 2
all my chanel are scramble please can some one tell me how to fix that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Flash a good bin as instructed above,do a satellite scan,then reboot the receiver,watch TV..

Don A
Unregistered guest
I Flashed the 283 bin on my fortec but it can't keep time
is there a different bin that will ?

and where can I find it?

Thanks

Anonymous

Someone can help
I've a fortec star lifetime ultra
I can't upoload the file via the COM of my desktop PC
I'm using a female to female 9PIN cable
As if the computer is not able to connect to the DSS device
I'm suspecting the cable I'm using. Is it possible that there's diffrent types of cables a Female To Female 9PIN cable ? Or is that problem encountred by others. I'm becoming crasy

Post Number: 10
to solve me & bob1's problem, you guys can help. On your receiver you can read & save your channel list in your computer. And everyone before you upload any channel list file in your receiver do the same above. Coz its a backup file of your channel list. Even you mess up channel list it will help you in future.

To perform this action download this file & install
http://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2493&d=11 28533580

then open any channel list or channel loader file(.gtd file). Open a new page then read your STB & save it [it will save in your computer as a channel loader file(.gtd file)] . to do this you need to keep turned on your receiver. I need this saved (channel loader)file guys. Please help me

Anonymous

Hi, really sorry to bother everyone but wondering if anyone else does not get all the EPG stuff. my clock is always way off and the guide info only comes in sporatically for some channels and not at all for others....
Is there something i can do to fix the guide... put in the new 282 bin and did power scan to get channels....
Thanks!

Username: Patches

Recently installed bin 282 on my fortec and rescanned channels on 110 & 119 but it looks like i just got same channels twice--no ppv. How do I get the PPV channels back?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Put the original factory bin on,then the latest Ultra bin, power/sat scans, then reboot/reset (BACK of receiver,power off, wait 1 min,power on,turn to channel 300) receiver and watch TV.

BTW...RU sure U are receiving BOTH satellites?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
HOW TO SCAN FOR CHANNELS WITH ONE LNB ON LIFETIME ULTRA
Click on MENU
Go to INSTALLATION and scroll down to ANTENNA SETUP & click OK
Pick ECHO 7 110.0 with the side arrow on remote.
Click OK
LNB type ------------ Standard
LNB local-Freq ------- 11250
22Khz ------------------ OFF
DiSEqC ---------------- OFF
LNB Power ------------ On
TP --------------- 12224V20.000
Positioner Setting -- Disable
Satellite Scan -------- ALL
Scroll down to SATELLITE SCAN
Side arrow on remote and change to ALL (not all-d) then click OK
Change the FTA to ALL just before you scan for channels.

KKK123
Unregistered guest
What does the program for Channel Master Editor do?

Anonymous

Edits your channel lists..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
correction..actually is used to LOAD and EDIT channel lists (.gtd files)...easier to use than Gtools..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
I'm pretty nrew to this, and I've looked around and cant seem to find the answer. Over the weekend I set up my new Fortecstar lifetime ultra. I used everything that dish had set up for me when they installed my orginal configuration. I have to sat's (I think 30 inches?) I'm not using the diseqc, because the hardware that dish set me up with, works. The problem is, about half the time, i change channels, or just goto any random channel, it'll say "bad or scrambled channel" I even get this message right after doing a power scan, so i know the channel hasnt moved. It's hit or miss, the channels this happens to isnt consistant. It changes. sometime the channel will work, and sometime not. Usually after this happens, i go into the antanna setup, and i have signal, but no quality. I change the TP to a different freq, and the quality comes back. Sometimes that will make the channel work, and sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Try this
Unregistered guest
bmsd...looks like either, it's pointed to the wrong satellite, or your LNB setting is incorrect. Happen to almost everyone.

if you're point to the angle of getting echo 6,7,8...with just 1 degree off, you're picking up some other satellites, and that's why you have no quality.

LNB setting has 3 settings, Universal, single, or Standard. Most are set at standard.

Try those options and good luck

bmsd
Unregistered guest
I've been using standard as my lnb setting. I'm kinda hesitant to get up there and mess with the sat's...If I screw up too bad, I dont want to have to get DN out her to unscrew me. I still ahve me regular reciever (from DN) to watch regular TV, and I looked at my setting under that reciever, and it looks as it I'm getting 100+ of a sifnal on my sats. The fortec shows my signal as 83-87 with a quality of 98. Like I say, the channels generally end up coming in, just have to go up 1 and the down 1 for 20 seconds sometimes?? I have a feeling I should have went for a better reciever?? Thanks

Comrade Saturang
Unregistered guest
Hi peeps.. got a fortec lifetime ultra and the 282-0926 bin and I get everything with my 110-119 lnbs but noticed that when the hockey games where on I couldnt see them. I had good signal and quality but the channel on echo 7 was just blank.. I have been able to watch nba and mlb channels fine recently but the nhl channels are blank.. I do have a good channel list and I have rescanned and everything else works.. any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 19
bmsd - If DN set up your dish, you don't need to change anything on the roof, especially if you are getting 100+ signal on your regular receiver. Your problem is that you are using their hardware. That's a comon problem in the area I live, but there is a way to fix it. Send me an email at tclatin5@yahoo.com with the following info:
-How many DN Receivers they installed?
-Are they using a DP34 or SW64 switch?
-Are you running your Fortec of that switch?

sam 123
Unregistered guest
this massege is for Anonymous

please tell me how can install the nag#2 in my reciver i have Fortec ultra. and can you tell me how can i get the file without paying. thankx man

Post Number: 3
hi all... you need get ng2.... after you load it you need black list than a cable female to female from comp to receiver than open black list load ng2 and than di blind scan to 110 and 119 on all not fta

Post Number: 4
tell me your email i sent it to you

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
sam123...some of us come here to learn and some of us come here to help...the ones who come here to learn ,can learn very easily,if they READ..the ones who come here to help will NOT help others that do NOT READ!

BTW...your questions have been answered here 10,000x and your answers can be found with 5 minutes of reading...obviously I will NOT help U!...or anyone else who is too lazy to READ!...SUBSCRIBE,if U are too lazy to read!

bmsd
Unregistered guest
OK, So I'm thinking that one of my sats has a built in switch? I have a dual lnb, and a single lnb. I only have 2 recievers setup. the fortec and a norm from charlie. Anyone know it in fact any of charlies dish's have built in switches? Thanks

bmsd
Unregistered guest
OK, So I'm thinking that one of my sats has a built in switch? I have a dual lnb, and a single lnb. I only have 2 recievers setup. the fortec and a norm from charlie. Anyone know it in fact any of charlies dish's have built in switches? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
Charlie dish installers will use legacy twins with built in sw21 switch,if needed for 2 dishnet/echostar receivers..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
Thrill1941... So with the legacy dual lnb, there is a built in switch, and thats probably why i would be having problems. I get the channels, but sometimes, i have to flip back and forth between channels for a minute or so before it will come in. I see "bad or scrambled channel" alot. Wath would be the fix for this? Is there a way i can make my setup fully work? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
"I only have 2 recievers setup. the fortec and a norm from charlie.I have to sat's (I think 30 inches?)"

BMSD..If U have 2 receivers (which U stated above), 1 dishnet/echostar and 1 FTA that U want to continue to watch,then next its all about how many dishes,LNB's and switchs..

If U have 2 dishes (which U stated above),then this is simple,use a twin LNB on both!...twin LNB's RECEIVE 2 satellite signals (Example 110 and 119)...to the dishnet/echostar receiver a LEGACY twin (has built in sw21 switch)....and to the FTA receiver use a DISH PRO twin LNB (has built in disque switch)..

Dishnet/echostar uses sw 21 switch..
FTA needs a disque switch..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
Thrill...you mind giving me your email address so i can inquire a little more?? I would appriciate it. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Sorry but I don't do PM's, IM's or emails..any questions U or anyone have should be posted in public here, so others might possibly benefit if they ever run into a similiar questionable situation..thats why forums are the best format to reach a larger population..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
no prob;em, understandable... Can you give me somew kind of sketch or something....I mean i got it pretty much, but sometimes it's a pain. not all channels come in on the first try. this is me complete setup...
I have 2 dishes; 1 with a single lnb, and one with a dual. I think this is 110, 119 & 61.5? I dont have a switch, the only things i have looks like 2 couplers in a bracket to connect the sats, to the uplink to the house (installed by dish). So would I have to replace the dual lnb (provided by dish, with an internal switch) with a dual lnb without an internal switch? If so, then I would have a total of 3 coax cables running from the sats, to the uplink to the house? thats where my diseq would go? then i could put a splitter from the switch to the input to the house in order to run 2 reciever? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
LNBF
1. Legacy:
a. single: called single legacy, one output.
b. dual: called dual legacy, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 SW21 switch built-in.
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 SW 21 switch built-in.
2: DishPro
a. single: called single DishPro, one ouput.
b. dual: called dual DishPro, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 independent Diseqc switch built-in
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 independent Diseqc switch built-in

Dish Pro twin LNB gets both the 110 and 119 on 2 receivers..and no switches needed...

I found this for the DishPro LNB.....

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/LNBFS/DISHNETWORK-LNBF.htm

DUAL LNB is for 1 satellite signal ONLY (example 110) and 2 receivers...

TWIN LNB aka fatboy/fathead is for 2 satellites ( Example..110 and 119) AND 2 receivers ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought U wanted to get Dishnetwork TV on BOTH your FTA Fortec and Dishnet/echostar receivers....If so just replece the LNB's on your present 2 dishs..I have no idea what DN installed on your roof..U need NO switches, just new LNB's!...who cares about satellite 61.5?...U would need a 3rd LNB,and there is very little channels there to watch..

If U have 2 dishes (which U stated above),then this is simple,use a twin LNB on both!...twin LNB's RECEIVE 2 satellite signals (Example 110 and 119)...110 and 119 are the Dishnetwork satellites!

To the dishnet/echostar receiver a LEGACY twin (has built in sw21 switch)....and to the FTA receiver use a DISH PRO twin LNB (has built in disque switch)..

Dishnet/echostar receiver uses sw 21 switch..built into the legacy twin LNB

FTA receiver needs a disque switch..built into the Dish pro twin LNB

Dish pro Lnb's say dish pro or DP right on a label on the LNB,so they are easy to recognize..

Chicago's Finest
Unregistered guest
I need help...

I have a Super dish...Originally had dp34 switch with all three satellites....i believe it is 110, 119 and 121...I am trying to figure out how i can get my internation channels to work....i am getting just about all the american channels from sat-47...not familiar with that...this all came from POWER SCAN....

Main concern I am trying to get the international channels...i just hooked up my cousin's box who doesnt have a super dish and he gets all the international channels...i hate this freaking super dish deal...unless someone can help me Fix it... :-)

Here's what I have

SUper dish with a new switch no more DP34

Fortec Lifetime Ultra with 282 bin file and boot version 6.0 updated 9/26/05

what do i do to get them international channels???

buddho81@gmail.com if you can email me!

THanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 12
Scan the 121 sat (Echo9), all internationals and locals are there.

Chicago's Finest
Unregistered guest
I am still having trouble...I just did a power scan for sat 121 ECho 9/A13...All i get is bunch of american channels that I m already getting no International channels....Just to make you aware I am using DiseQc switch which is got all three of my LNB's connected to it....What is it that you suggest??? do i need to change any settings cuz i have my diseqc switch connected to my lnbs??? or can I just go back up on roof and change my switch to the original switch which was connected by Dish network which is DP34...

THanks for your help again!

Username: Zues

Can anyone tell me how to set up a PC for satellite receiver emulation?

What software to use?

How or where can I obtain it?

Can it be set up like TiVo or DVR?

I have looked all over this site but found nothing recent on the topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
@Chicago's Finest

Put the dp34 switch back, plug in the 121 lnb into the 1st input, the 119 into 2nd and 110 into 3rd.

On your box, go to the 121 (echo9) sat settings and configure LNB type to Universal 1, Diseq to #1.

Then go to 119 sat, configure LNB type to Standard and LNB Freq. to 11250, 22 kHz to ON, Diseq to #2.

Then go to 110 sat, configure LNB type to Standard, LNB Freq to 11250, 22 kHz to OFF, Diseq to #3.

Then make sure that your dish is correctly aligned and do a blind scan.

P.S. if the dp34 gives you problems as it was reported that it sometimes doesn't function correctly on fortec lifetime ultras, try the same setup with a diseq switch.

bmsd
Unregistered guest
So If I replace both my LNB's with dishpro twin lnb's, I would be ok on both recievers? (1 fta, and 1 DN) also, what would my configuration on the roof look like? would i have a total of 4 coax cables running down to the house input?

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
U will have 2 RG6 cables coming into house..1 to the FTA and 1 to the Dishnet/echostar..the 110 and 119 are combined into 1 cable from each dish output

again ,NOT 2 Dishpro LNB's!...2 twins yes...1 Dishpro...1 Legacy

If U have 2 dishes (which U stated above),then this is simple,use a twin LNB on both!...twin LNB's RECEIVE 2 satellite signals (Example 110 and 119)...to the dishnet/echostar receiver a LEGACY twin (has built in sw21 switch)....and to the FTA receiver use a DISH PRO twin LNB (has built in disque switch)..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
ok thrill...do I have this right. I can replace the legacy twin on dish 1 with a dish pro twin. The legacy twin from dish 1 will move over and replace the legacy dual on dish 2. then the cable from dish 2 will actually be fed into an input on dish 1. dish 1 will in turn have 2 outputs to the house. one for each reciever? hopefully im finally getting it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
NO...

DISH #1-IF U have a legacy twin (has 2 heads within 1 unit) ,then keep it up there and run the one cable directly to your dishnet/echstar receiver

DISH #2-If U have legacy DUAL (has 1 head with 2 outputs within 1 unit) (useless 1 satellite signal LNB, where U got I don't know or why U have it)..its not good for anything unless U have multiple of them on the same dish, which doesn't make much sense..REPLACE that legacy DUAL with a Dish Pro TWIN and run that one cable directly to your Fortec FTA receiver..

U will now get the Dishnetwork satellites (110 AND 119) on BOTH your FTA Fortec receiver and Echostar/dishnet receiver...

U can now even add 2 more receivers (total 4 now)...1 more for DN and 1 more for FTA because each twin LNB will still now have an empty output..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
OK, i get that totally. only thing that still confuses me is... each dish is for picking up a different satelite right? so if i run a cable directly from 1 lnb, how is that going to pick up 110 and 119?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Each dish will have a TWIN LNB which receives 2 satellites (110 AND 119) because it has 2 LNB's aligned DIFFERENTLY but are housed in 1 unit..Each LNB picks up a signal then combines those 2 LNB signals into 1 output (therefore only 1 cable per receiver from the output on the LNB)...these have 2 outputs so 2 sat signals can be sent to 2 different receivers..

A Dual LNB only receives 1 satellite (110 OR 119 OR whatever U wanT)..it has only 1 LNB but it has 2 outputs for 2 receivers...so 1 signal can go to 2 receivers..

BUD...I can't make this any simpler...I have written these same things over and over..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
I think I been screwing up this whole time...Is sat 1 for locals only, and sat 2 is 110 AND 119? well if these pics help, which lnb'(s) do I need to replace?

bmsd
Unregistered guest
I know, I appriciate it. I'm strying to upload some pics now. The thing that had me confused is the second sat. This sat is for locals (i think) so now the question is do I need to rreplace my LNB. It is a a dishpro plus digitial lnbf. is this the lnb with the internal sqitch that wont work with FTA? Is there a specific lnb i need to get to replace with? Thanks a lot

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
The 110 is a satellite and it sends signals...the 119 is another satellite and it also sends signals..Dishnet TV company put those BOTH of those satellites in space so people can subscribe and receive BOTH of these satellite signals to get more channels from 2 satellites rather than from only 1 satellite (more satellites = more channels)...some Dishnet channels are on the 110 satellite...and the other Dishnet channels are on the 119 satellite..

U have 2 roof dishs...Both dishs will receive the Dishnetwork channels with the TWIN 110 AND 119 LNB aligned...

1 roof dish will have the Legacy TWIN (has built in sw21 switches) that is needed for your Echostar/DN receiver (that Dishnetwork TV must have gave U)...U said "I have to sat's (I think 30 inches?) I'm not using the diseqc, because the hardware that dish set me up with, works"."I only have 2 recievers setup. the fortec and a norm from charlie"....so I presume U subscribe and still want to subscribe and not disturb the Echostar/DN receiver..

The 2 roof dish will be setup with The Dish Pro Twin LNB with a buit in disque switch which U must have to use your Fortec FTA to get Disnetwork channels on the 110 and 119 satellites also..this dish U must use the dish pro Twin LNB's with the built in disque switches.

There are locals on Both satellites..go to www.lyngsat.com to the 110 and 119 and see which channels are on each satellite..Dishnet has about half their channels on each satellite..

U said U wanted your Dishnet (DN) "charlie" receiver and your Fortec FTA both to work!

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
Thanks to Spanky for the pics..maybe this will help U understand these LNB's..these happen both to be dish pro's as U can read off the label..but a dual (single head for 1 satellite) and a twin (2 LNB head for 2 different satellite signals)..and Dishpro LNB's have a built in disque switch for FTA use..and both have a 2 output as U can see for 2 receivers...on the twin,the 2 signals (example 110 AND 119) are combined and sent to 1 output,requiring only 1 cable for both signals to your receiver

top pix is the dual
lower pix is the twin

Upload
Upload

bmsd
Unregistered guest
OK, so i defiently have the twin on 1 sat, and the dual on the second (both dishpro). the line from the second sat (dual) feeds directly into the twin lnb. The 2 sats are pointed approximatly 45 degrees away from each other. Thats what is confusing me now. If the sat with the twin lnb is picking up both 110, and 119, then what is the other sat for (with the dual lnb) since I'm already writing, i have a second question. I deleted all channels and did a blind scan on 119. It didnt pick up every channel, but it did pick up alot of duplicates (most work, some dont) I've read some people have to disconnect 110 while scanning 119, and vise versa. Is that something i need to do also? Thanks lk

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
Maybe your dual has the 61.5 bird...but I doubt if it goes directly into the twin LNB...Look again..it should go to a DP34 switch,if Charlie hooked this up..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
That is what I orginally thought. The other sat was for 61.5. But I have checked and double checked. The coax from the second sat (61.5?) does indeed go into the dishpro twin lnb. Then I have 2 coax cables running from the twin lnb into the house to feed my 2 recievers. dosent the twin lnb have the diseqc switch internally? I have also checked all over the house , on the roof, and in the attic, there is no external switch anywhere to be found...

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
The Twin has 2 internal switches...so its possible to run the 61.5 cable from a single or dual into the dish pro twin LNB (built in disque switchs) and then into 2 FTA receivers..or into a Legacy twin (built in sw21 switchs) and then into 2 echostar/DN receivers..so U would have 3 satellites going into 2 receivers..

bmsd
Unregistered guest
No I think I'm tracking. your first seniero above describes what i have, only im running 1 dn reciever, and one fta reciever. The problem I'm having is, when I do a blind scan, i get double, and triple's of the same channel, and sometimes it says "bad or scrambled channel" and i have to fight with it to get the channel to come in, and sometimes not at all. This happens probably about 3/4 of the time. I was wondering if i need to do something different when i do a scan. or maybe my internal switch or twin lnb arent working?

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
The blind scan duplicate channels is NORMAL...everyone gets that!..Dishnetwork has some of the same channels on BOTH satellites!

To get all the channels available at this point , your best bet is to do a BLIND scan, as charlie is fcking around changing Tps a lot these days.
After the scan is finished, push the "SAT"button on the remote and you should have a Echostar Package option in there, all channels should be there in the same order as they are in the Dishnet numbering order.
You will probably have duplicate channels in this list because some channels are available in both satellites or three whatever you might have.
If this is the case, upload the list to your PC with Channel Master and edit the repeated channels out .Keep the channels from Echo 7 and fill the rest with echo 6,8.Save the list, load it back in to the receiver and you should now have the list updated to the most recent Tps changes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
Actually with DP LNB's scan the vertical polarity transponders and U won't get duplicate channels..

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
To avoid duplicate channels when doing a blind scan when using Dish Pro LNB's...just perform a vertical polarity transponder scan in the following manner...

select menu
installation
blind scan
select satellite
select polarity
vertical
scan all

bmsd
Unregistered guest
Alright LK, i did a scan of 110 and the channels that i actually got were all coming in. doing 119 now. I appriciate all the time youve spent on this topic. much appriciated!!

Unregistered guest
Folks,
My fortec is up and running but i am wondering whay i cannot see the WB, Shotime, Cinamax and the Starz channels. can some one please respond thanks,

Anonymous

i scanned ech0 7 119 and 110. geting all the ppv but no hbo showtime

Anonymous

i scanned ech0 7 119 and 110. geting all the ppv but no hbo showtime

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
@Bell and Anonymous

Make sure that your dish is aligned properly, if you're using a channel list, make sure it's an up to date one.

If you're using any switches between lnbs and a box, unplug the switch, plug one lnbf at a time into the box and do a blind scan, then put the switch back and make sure that the settings on the box match your physical setup.

Anonymous

how many frees channel can u access from Zim if you have got a fortec star receiver

Anonymous

how many frees channel can u access from Zim if you have got a fortec star receiver

Unregistered guest
I GOT A NEW FORTEC THAT WONT TAKE THE FLASH, I REPLACED THE CABLE, TRYIED ANOTHER COMPUTER STILL NO LUCK, IM FOLLOWING THE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE HELP THANKS...

bmsd
Unregistered guest
what program are you using to upload?

Anonymous

maybe he's not using the correct COM port

Preacher
Unregistered guest
Is it true that the factory has stopped making fortec ultra? because the chip is too slow? and
that there is no stock anywhere?
Best receiver today is C**o*ol-sat 4000.pro.

This is the E-mail that I got back from the
factory because I want to buy a second receiver.
I find this very strange! Does anyone know if this is true, and that the lifetime ultra receiver is too slow for n-2! Its working fine
on my lifetime Ultra receiver now n2!

Iam puzzled!
Again Iam puzzeled, why can't I use the receivers
name! It comes up (words are not allowed on this
discussion board).

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 83
Reyes when you say"Not taking the flash" what bin are you using?, what is the error message?, what loader are you using? when you say "I replaced the cable" what type of cable do you have? Fortec uses a straight through cable(RS-232 DB9) is this what you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Do you know anyone how to install High Definition channels on fortec star..... or is it not possible to get HD channels...

bmsd
Unregistered guest
Hi Def channels for the fortec star would be pointless, because the only video outputs available, are S-video, and composite. Neither of these cables are digitial, thus hi-def, isn't true hi-def.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
bmsd you are right. But if it possible to get those channels it might be 16:9 format. I love this format & i have a tv to fit this format.

moimeme
Unregistered guest
Hey guys I bought a Dish network 301 Reciever and Nagra 2 smart card...
I have this message when I turned on "Contact Dish Network for activation"...
It will work If I flashed?
Thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
No the new N2 cards have not been hacked!

Trying
Unregistered guest
This may seem like an obvious question (sorry if it is), but my dish is currently locked into Telstar 5 at 97W....If I want to pick up the Dish channels, do I need to point my dish to 119.0W in order to view them? I didnt' know if the bigger dishes could already pick up a wider range of signals or if they need to be pointed right at the direct satellite. Obviously, this is my first time to do this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Any dishs needs to be pointed/aligned toward the correct satellite...the bigger dishes LNB's just don't automatically pick up multiple satelliets within a range all by themselves..also the 97W satellite use a linear LNB ...the 110 and 119 use a circular LNB...so U have to add circular LNB's,...also unlikely but possible to use linear LNB if your dish is very large U will pickup the 110 and 119 with a 50% loss of signal..
OK everyone, put your polarizing sunglasses on.

What's the difference? CIRCULAR and LINEAR LNB's

Answer: About -3dB or half the signal level.

Now take your sunglasses off. Notice how bright it is in here? The difference in brightness is an example of using the wrong lnb type.

Circular and Linear polarization refer to the characteristics of the radio wave that is transmitted by the satellite towards your dish/LNB. Below are links to visual comparisons of Circular (Left or Right-hand) and Linear (Vertical or Horizontal) polarization.
http://www.lyngsat.c o m/echo3.html
Nimiq 2 @82.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/nimiq2.html
Nimiq 1/3 @91.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/nimiq1.html
EchoStar 6/8 @110.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/110west.html
EchoStar 7 @119.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html
EchoStar 1/2 @148.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/148west.html

How do I know they are circularly polarized?
If you click on any one of the links for the satellites above you will notice that under the first column labeled as "Freq. Tp" you will find one of the following single letter designations:

"R" = right-hand (=circular polarization)
"L" = left-hand (=circular polarization)

So what about linear polarization?
Linear polarization refers to a wave of radio signal rotating in a single plane. Think of an approaching helicopter as the helicopter's main rotor is moving towards you. It is rotating in a single, horizontal plane. The same approaching helicopter's smaller rear rotor is rotating in a single, vertical plane. In our satellite case it can be either in the "H"orizontal or "V"ertical plane.

The following example satellites (visable in N.America) are transmitting with a linear polarized signal:

SBS 6 @74.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/sbs6.html
AMC 5 @79.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc5.html
AMC 9 @85.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc9.html
IA 6 @93.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/ia6.html
IA 5 @97.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html
AMC 1 @103.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc1.html
AMC 2 at 105.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc2.html
EchoStar 9 @121.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/echo9ia13.html

Again, under the first column labeled as "Freq. Tp" you will find one of the following single letter designations:

"V" = vertical (=linear polarization)
"H" = horizontal (=linear polarization)

Now that you understand the difference between the two satellite polarization types please put your polarizing sunglasses back on.

Hmmm, a little harder to read this right? Well, that's what happens to your receiver when you try to use a linear polarized LNB to receive a circular polarized satellite signal and vis-a-versa. About a 50% loss of signal!

Armed with the invaluable information you now possess, by using this link http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html you can determine for yourself what type of LNB you will need for each satellite.

If you need a circular polarized LNB look for words describing it as "DSS" or "DBS" or "circular" or a combination of these terms.

If you need a linear polarized LNB look for words describing it as "FSS" or "FTA" or "linear" or a combination of these terms (FYI: All Universal LNB's are linear LNB's).

Quote:
...you could use linear LNB to get circular signal with 50% signal lost.

You will need a large dish to compensate for this loss.

Quote:
...you can't use circular LNB to get linear signal.

Technically incorrect. Trying to receive linear polarized signals with a circular polarized lnb (antenna) is possible with the same 3dB/50% loss of signal.

The actual reason why you most likely cannot receive linear signals with circular lnb's is because most all "DSS" circular polarized lnb's are incapable of receiving the frequecies at which linear FSS signals occur:

Standard FSS LNB (11.7-12.2 GHz)
-------->DSS LNB (12.2-12.75 GHz)

Universal FSS LNB (10.7-12.75 GHz) <-- has wide bandwidth

itsme
Unregistered guest
Mr loco por ti would you plz send me the file to install the nag#2 in my reciver i have Fortec ultra.
my email address is oummad@hotmail.com
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
@itsme

dsscentral. net

Anonymous

Hi there,

To those who have already replied to this query and have spent time on it, my apologies. Not being tech savvy, I have to ask this question.

I have a FORTEC STAR LIFE TIME ULTRA receiver (Mfd Dec 2004). I was getting all channels, till they switched to Nagra 2.

I would be grateful for any guru's out there who can please explain in simple terms, how I download software to get channels, and a channel list.

Thanks for your patience and God bless you!

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
Its very simple..a monkey can do this..U do not need to be tech savy...U must be able to read...now go read,..all the info is here..

the simple basics..

Using software and a cable from the receiver to your computer, U upload software bins and a channel list (optional)...then U go into the receiver menu (using the remote) and configure your receiver system antennae setup,scan the satellites,watch TV.

John F Kennedy
Unregistered guest
Hi

i am new to fta world...
i have a fortec lifetime ultra... is the al7bar filmware any good to get BEV or is ot only for dish? if not, is there one working for BEV?
and is it normal that my receiver always turn itself off when i select a channel with any bin's from al7bar or is it broken?. It only works when i select a free channel (BEV info channel)...
sorry for these biginer questions, i did not use my fortec since n2 was implanted...

Thanks for your time

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
Bev is not available or hacked unless U subscribe..bins from al7bar.t k are good and safe..

C-Squared
Unregistered guest
Hi, Hope someone can help! Just uploaded the bin file and the Updater file and tried out on my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra. Says channels are bad or scrambled. Un hooked, went back to the computer to try different files and could not power back up receiver. No power lights at all. Any Thoughts.

C-Squared
Unregistered guest
As well these are the files I got from ftacentral website which came up bad or scrambled channels

Lifetime Ultra_050519_272_api(NTSC).bin
Al7bar FTA Ultra_050905_279_api(NTSC).bin
Fortecstar STB Updater v3.31.exe

Any thoughts.

squaredhead
Unregistered guest
hey i think you watching to much law and order there bud ilmao

Anonymous

ihave fortec star lifetime ultra how do i download a free software???????????????????????????????

Bronze Member
Username: Decko

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 17
you cant to anything about now nothng cant halp you now
we just last all channels
we trying to find a fix

Anonymous

I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra Receiver and I have Nagra 2, but It's not working. Please tell me from where can I download Nagra 2 file For Free 100%..

Anonymous

JUST READ DUDE. SPEND 10 TO 15 MINUTES AND POOF EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THERE.

TEIk
Unregistered guest
Guyz, I downloaded the fix to my reciever using the blacklist uploader and after that i hooked it up to my dish but it did not work i got 99%level and quality even if i didn't hook it up. When I search for channels it does not find a thing! I know for sure that my dish workz because i subscriped for 15 channels from DN and they'r workin n' um tryin to do this so i can get the extra channels considerin that I have the Fortecstar Life time from before!

Thankz

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
DN and FTA receivers use different switches and/or LNB's..

TEIk
Unregistered guest
Nouh, I have two differnt recievers, One from DN, and the other one is Fortecstar Life Time one! I did it to the Fortecstar one!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us