Archive through November 12, 2005

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 375
speak more specific..U make no sense..u say it should work because it worked when u subscribed to DN...well thats NOT true!

MARLONBO
Unregistered guest
HELLO IM NEW TO THE SATELLITE WORLD MY NEIGHBOR WAS TELLING MY HUSBAND ABOUT THE FORTEC STAR SATELLITE RECIEVER SO HE BOUGHT ONE FROM THE NEIGHBOR LONG STORY SHORT. WE HOOK IT UP BUT WE ONLY GET MAYBE 10 CHANNELS SO PLEASE HELP ON WHAT TO DO.THANKS

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 210
@MARLONBO

What is your current setup, you have to give us more than that.

CHicago's Finest
Unregistered guest
I am having an issue with my fortec and super dish system...

I have my dish pointing in 121, 119 and 110

but currently I can only get 121...i have all three of the satellites connected in my diseqc switch...before i was able to catch 119 when i had 119 plugged into my diseqc # 1

but now i have 121 in # 1, 119 in # 2 and 110 in # 3

Now i only get 121 stuff all the locals and international channels...can someone please clarify and tell what I need to do to get all three of the satellites...i've even tried power scan...i dont konw anything would help...Thanks in advance

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
Here's my set up for superdish:

(I'm using a dp34 switch, not diseq)

On switch:

Input 1: 121
Input 2: 119
Input 3: 110

Configuration on the receiver:

Echo9 (121):

LNB type: universal 1
LNB LO Freq: 9750/10600
Diseq: #1

Echo7 (119):

LNB type: Standard
LNB LO Freq: 11250
22kHz: ON
Diseq: #2

Echo6/8 (110)

LNB type: Standard
LNB LO Freq: 11250
22kHz: OFF
Diseq: #3

I am however using a pansat 2700 as an example, but ultimately those settings should be the same.

Chicago's Finest
Unregistered guest
Now another question...do I scan all the satellites individually or how does that work???

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
There is no way to scan them all together, so yes scan them one by one.

If you won't see the desired results (ie missing channels or what have you) try unplugging the switch and running a coax from lnb straight to receiver (each lnb one by one), after you've done scanning put the switch back.

Username: Gurvir19

Post Number: 1
hi i have the fortec ultra and i hooked up my 2 dishes with single lnb that i used to use for dishnetwork to the receiver. the sat. is 61.5 and i go to antenna setup>echo 3 61.5 leave all settings default and go to ALL and hit scan and i get 0 pages found..im also noticing that when i chose echo 3 it only says 34% availability and 0% quality. does that mean the dishes moved?

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
@Gurvir Sahota

34% level and 0% quality means that the cable either going to lnb or receiver is unplugged.

Did you move your dish at all? Did you try any other receiver?

Post Number: 2
the wire is definately plugged in and i dont have another receiver to test it on however i havent used my dishes since dishnetwork went down so maybe the satellites moved..afterall toronto did have a few storms...now gotta some how find the right direction again

bmsd1
Unregistered guest
probably plugged into the ant in, and not the sat in...

Anonymous

I hear fortecfiles have a bev fix for the fortec is it true??

Web site www.fortec*iles.com Replace the * with the f

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
^^^ IGNORE THE SPAMMER! ^^^

Anonymous

Why don't you look at the site and you will see for yourself

why are you being that way??

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
^^^ IGNORE THE SPAMMER! ^^^

Stop playing dumb, your intentions are obvious, there IS NO BEV FIX! or at least not yet and your attempts to get people to sign up for that "VIP" section of your is disgusting, dude get a life and STOP SPAMMING!

dadadadadadada
Unregistered guest
CAN SOMEBODY PLZ GIVE ME A LINK TO A GOOD .BIN FILE FOR LIFETIME ULTRA?

THANKS

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
@dadadadadadada

dsscentral .net>File Archive>Free To Air>Fortec>Fortec Lifetime Ultra>FTA Ultra_050926_282t_api

OR

http://www.dsscentral .net/archive/Al7bar%20FTA%20Ultra_050926_282t_api.zip

Post Number: 3
hi i finally got the receiver to work but i get soo many channels and i wanted to know if i can make my own channel list and load it on to the receiver instead of using favourites?

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
@Gurvir Sahota

Yes you can, download Channel Master.

Post Number: 4
thanks h3lt3r_sk3lt3r u really help out a lot and reply right away. thanks :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
Yeah Kneegs, all night long, are you jealous or did I just satisfy your every man-on-man fantasy?

Dude it takes WAY more to really get to me, so try your best, I'm not one of those emotionally unstable people who get prissy over every jackhole's comment, especially on the internet of all places.

OH no he called me g@y, he acused me of having sex with another man, noooooo, I've never done that wewewe, get a life dude, be more original next time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
These internet tough guys locked up in the looney bin think they are BAD and amusing...wait til nurse Cratchett gets ahold of U chimps..

Anonymous

H3lt3r_sk3lt3r,

I am trying to scale the wall of ignorance. Here is what I have so far. Please correct what I have wrong:

Legacy use SW21
DishPro uses Diseqc

SW21 uses 13V/18V
Diseqc uses 22khz

Pansat 2700 can use either type or Pansat can only use Legacy?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
@Anonymous

You've got it right, only when using twin or quad lnbs the switches are already built-in, which applies for both legacy with it's built-in sw21 and DP with a built-in diseq.

You can use dual legacy on your pansat, but not twin. As for DP you can use either one, dual or twin.

coolie11
Unregistered guest
I need some help setting up Fortec star lifetime ultra for the 61.5 sat.

I'm tring to get local channels in NY.

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
@coolie11

Aim your dish to 119 bird, all NY locals are there.

coolie11
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

I have 2 dish 500.
1 with Dual LNB for 119 and 110
and 1 with single LNB for the 61.5

I'm getting all PPV and Premium Channels but no Locals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
@coolie11

Did you do a blind scan or did you load a channel list?

coolie11
Unregistered guest
I did a blind scan

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
@coolie11

Try loading a DP channel list with locals on it, also your dish might be misaligned.

coolie11
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Could you help me setup my system to get the Locals?

Thx

coolie11
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

I have no idea how to laod a DP channel list

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
@coolie11

Download Channel Master (google it)

Then check these sites for a good DP (not legacy) channel list:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168756.html

Using Channel Master upload the list to your receiver.

coolie11
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

I'm not sure if I have the right settings on the box.
With the down freq set 11250 there is no quality and 54% level

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
@coolie11

I thought you said you have PPV's and premiums, or are you talking about 0% qual. on locals?

Did you try the channel list already?

coolie11
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

No did'nt try the channel list my Laptop don't have the connection.

0% quality on the 61.5

Anonymous

H3lt3r_sk3lt3r,

Me again scaling the wall of ignorance. You say that I cannot use twin legacy on Pansat. I was told the exact opposite that "Legacy works on all boxes but DP will only work on Dish boxes. DP twin will absolutely not work on Pansat 2700". In fact I ordered a twin legacy based on that info. So am I SOL? What is the story?

Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
@Anonymous

Because legacy twin has an sw21 internal switch it would be incompatible with your pansat, BUT DP twin WOULD, because it has an internal diseq, which pansat supports.

If you are looking for a second opinion check out these sites:

Anonymous

Well, I am satisfied now that I need the DP LNB twin for the 2700A. What is the difference between scanning channels and downloading channel lists? I assume scanning will work well enough? What is this about channel 300?

Username: Dre0834

i have a fortec lifetime ulta with a dish network dish dual lnbf and i have a signal at 110 (92)STRENGTH 119 (89)STRENGTH but when i download my channels for my 119 all i get is my 110 channels can any one help me

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
a Dual LNB only gets 1 satellite signal...so U cannot be geting BOTH the 110 and 119 strongly or at all!

Username: Dre0834

SO THRILL HOW CAN I GET 119

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
IF U read ONLY this thread...it has all your answers!

GOOD-BOY silly thill
Unregistered guest
How come Silly Thilly you are so nice...by now you would have blowed your top and started bashing this dude....Are you learning to be nice to people ROTF!...
-You will make moma Silly Thilly a happy o...ROTF

ChronMar
Unregistered guest
Damn you guys are helpfull... just read through this whole page took me like an hour!

I am actually looking to get into the whole FTA show... I've been researching as much as I can the week or so and believe I am going to go for the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra with an Ellypitcal dish... by any chance anyone got any good sites to purchase such online? also anyone know the dimensions of an ellypitcal dish (i saw one on dss toybox) cause unfortunatly I live in a complex with regulations :/ I'm looking to just pick up 110 and 119 with the DN wide open..

Last but not least, anyone know any link for a like "FTA for dummies" type of explanation? The forums are great and i would love to contribute but need to learn a bit more and play around with my setup once it is ordered.

Thanks guys!

Username: Chronmar

I appologize meant to ask if that is a good choice too... the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and Ellyptical Dish... seeing I am starting from ground up I would like to make sure I start off on the right foot. Thanks again!

TimmE
Unregistered guest
Hey guys,
I read through the posts, and didn't see anything about this, so don't kill me. =) I have a dish pointing at 119W, and 61.5W. They connect to the sw21, and into my lifetime ultra. I get the channels from the 119, and some from the 61.5, but i cannot get the international channels from 61.5 They're just not on the list. I know theyre there when using my old dishnetwork receiver, but the lifetime cannot find them. any help would be appreciated

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
@ChronMar

If you're only looking to pick up 110 and 119 I'd suggest you get a dish500, you might also want to consider getting something other than a fortec, they tend to be buggy and sometimes even incompatible with DN equipment, look into pansat 2700 or 3500, viewsat platinum or c00lsat 4000 pro, they have a much better track record and come with plenty of support.

Look at these links, almost every one of those sites has a n00b's guide on how to get things running (registration is free):

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
@TimmE

Did you load a channel list or did you do a blind scan?

Username: Chronmar

Thanks H3lt3r...

See I am not too familiar with a lot of the technical stuff as of yet and I thought of the ellypitcal dish came with the LNBs and so forth I wouldn't have to worry about figuring out anythign else I need... I did a quick search for the Dish500 and they came up without LNBs... any suggestion to a good place online would be to purchase my equiptment...

I do think I changed my mind about the fortec, I looked up some more information on the pansat 3500S and trying to find some information out about the c00lsat 4000. I believe it will be one of those (depending on the EPG and overall quality)..

My main concern is where to purchase and recieve the update and support. Most of the sites I came across accept money orders (and at times blank only), and the other sites do not give a good product description.

I will continue this post in the pansat or c00lsat after any responce..

I appreciate the time... thanks again!

TimmE
Unregistered guest
Where is this so called bind scan? I did the scans, then found a channel list and used that, then a scan was done afterwards. I switched the cables around going into the sw21, and now I can view the international channels, but not the 119. Would i basically just need a new switch?

31-four-skins
Unregistered guest
-It's where (31-four skins) pulls his dick out
and says....STROKE IT boy....It will go off...
ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
@ChronMar

Try ebay, usually dish500 comes with lnbs as a package.

As far as support, it is all free and you should not pay for it, most of the sites (if not all) in this thread offer free files and support:

Yassine
Unregistered guest
@Thill1951akalk
Please can you email me the Nagara 2 file to flash my box. It's a Pansat 2700A.
My email is oummad@hotmail.com
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Decko

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
do you guys know about this is this true Fixed My CLock, Occasional Freezes & Gave Me "Real" DN Channel Numbers
thnaks

TimmE
Unregistered guest
ok i figured out its the switch, i need a diseqc not a sw21. Btw did this happen to anyone? i was watching tv, turned it off,came back an hour later, and it said channel scrambled or something. i tried reloading the rom, didnt help. could it be something with those keys? thanks
btw what are the keys for

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
@TimmE

Dude what rock have you been under :-)? The whole forum is going insane because of that key change.

Anonymous

where can I find the 282 bin file for downloading
for my fortec

Anonymous

also , this is a first for me how do I go about installing it have cable and am running a fortecstar ultra someones professional input would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
Read here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/173994.html

moimeme
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r
Does www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/173994.html
works also for Pansat 2700
TRhanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
@moimeme

No, read here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/173890.html

Username: Whatzzzuppp

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 5
what is the(bin file)can anybody explain
thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Username: Whatzzzuppp

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 6
come on ou guys
help me out here pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
@adamoszoz

Can you NOT READ?!? Look up.

PLAY NICE
Unregistered guest
No iam a chimp....i only read span, with a
bam,bam man...ROTF

-PLAY nice (31-4-skins)

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
ok F off now.

fta_crazy
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I am trying to flash my Fortec Lifetime Ultra recieever with the latest bin file, but for some reason it rejects it. It doesnot even starts to download. The window for the downnload appears but after few seconds error message comes up saying, WRITE FAILED.

I have already flashed like 4 recievers, with the same setup.
The only difference I see is that others boot version was 6.0 and this one has 6.1. Could that be a problem??

Need reply back ASAP. Thanx in advance

See you bud
Unregistered guest
-Look at Spanky thread on Pansat all files
there....And they work...My Lifetime is working
fine....(31-4skins)-Don't be mad at Spanky he
is just doing is job....ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
ok, hey Spanky I'm mad at you for helping people, kneegs F off.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 227
Kneegs just has no life at all. He must be still upset that he got banned!

Anonymous

to fta crazy you best find your answer on other sites noone here has any idea of what is going on

Anonymous

I have the same problem, I don't think anyone here can help us, I have a friend coming over that may be able to help and I will post then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
@fta_crazy

Why don't you flash your receiver back to the factory bin and then try flashing it with the latest bin.

If anyone else is getting the same problem (but the setup is different), see if you have the right cable, you should use a straight through rs232 cable and also chack to see if you're using the correct bin.

SKYYY
Unregistered guest
Hey Guys,
What's up!!
I new to this thread and i really need help,,i'm deparate to watch tv but i can't, my channels just went down, they say scrambled or bad channel,,so now what do i do,,,,can onyone tell me how the thing whith the codes works,,and can i put the codes in,,,because i have tried to put the codes in nagravision buti think i'm not doing it rigt,,can anyone pleasee tell me step by step what to do,,,,,thanks in advance
neeed help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
[link removed]

REGISTER first at [link removed]

This bin is for Pansat2500 or Pantec...

THis bin will also turn your Fortec Ultra into a Pansat...its a great bin with the echo package so channels are in DN order..

Changed the ECHO 7 and ECHO 8 to 110 and 119 and did a BLIND SCAN on both sats and when done, had everything in dish's order with the ECHO PACKAGE.

Pansat 2500A + fortec ultra + pantec + Clone Fix test it and working
Attached Files DishTown.com-255-pantec-pansat-fortec-clone-fix-Nov-08.zip (344.8 KB, 825 views)

Username: Alboholic

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Hey guys im new here so can anyone help me in how to install the new code im my Fortec Star and im connected to Dish Network

"Use the appropriate loader"...I have a FTA ultra receiver what kind of loader do I need to transfer the fix file from my desktop computer to the receiver??anyone please help

fta_crazy
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r
@Annnonymus

Hey, well thats what the problem is. I am not being able to flash it to the factory bin as well.
I cannot flash anything. I know that all my setup is working because I have flashed like 5 recievers already. SO I think there is no problem exceot either the reciever in some kind of reject mode(lol), or just needs a file which is compatiable with the boot version 6.1.

What are your comments on that??
Thanx for your replies guys, appreciate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 26
@fta-crazy

If you flashed the 282 bin before and now can't flash you are having operating system problems. Find a computer with either Windows ME or XP and you'll be able to flash the unit. I had that problem before and it took me a while to figure out that for some reason after flashing the 282 it wouldn't communicate with any system other than the one's above. Try that and let me know. Post here so everyone can benefit. I'm sure this will solve your problem.

MikeMike
Unregistered guest
hey guys
can onyone tell me how the thing whith the codes works,,and can i put the codes in,,,because i have tried to put the codes in nagravision buti think i'm not doing it rigt,,can anyone pleasee tell me step by step what to do,,,,,i have a fortec star ultra lifetime
thanks in advance

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
@MikeMike

Noone can say how, it's illegal for one to speak of such activities, you'll have to read 100's of guides on this site alone.

jtls
Unregistered guest
FTA Crazy, same thing happened to me I reset my fortec to factory setting and loaded the new bin and it worked

hey can someone please help me with this....i have connected my RS-232 to the FTA ULTRA receiver already but do I need some kind of software on my computer in order to load the bin file to my receiver....can someone please tell me how to do it...thanx

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
Sorry, you must have missed this the other 87 times I posted in threads:
http://www.fsfta.com/viewtopic.php?t=1000 Upload

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 23
hey spanky fta
do we distoing our fta's with this downloading bins all time

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 24
do you know why bell is not been fix
does dichnet and bell work same?
sory for my english

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Downloading bins won't hurt the receiver.
They still are working on Bell, from what I understand, the difference is Bell did not issue rom101 cards and went with 102 and better. The keys are(were) needed to make Bell work with FTA which I am hoping we will see soon.
Here is a couple links to rumours about Bell:
first one is the newest:
http://www.fsfta.com/viewtopic.php?t=1232
http://www.fsfta.com/viewtopic.php?t=1025
Upload

Post Number: 4
oh thanx man....but it tells me that Connection faild but i have my cable connected already....do I have to connect the receiver to the TV when I do this??

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
What type of cable are you using to connect your unit to your computer? Is the Ultra's power on when you attempt this? Have you tried a different com port? Are you hitting upload or download when you try and send the file?

Post Number: 5
yes...i have RS-232 cable receiver is on i rebooted my computer but still says Connection Faild when i hit download...please help

Anonymous

Are the 2500A instructions at:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/173890.html
valid also for 2700A?

Thanks

MikeMike
Unregistered guest
hej that really socks dude that no one can tell me cause it's illegal,,,
okey so can you guys tell me how i can do the thing with uploading some bins onto your receiver,,,what do i need and how i do that,,,please help,,,,
thnks in advance

billsie
Unregistered guest
I have a fortec star. A friend got it up and running at his home. When i hooked it up at my home i get 83% signal but get "scrambled or bad channel" what do i do ???

salam
Unregistered guest
Guys New Key Please for N2

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 239
Now Salem where have you been (VAN) they are posted all over (EVERY) site dealing with FTA

fta_crazy
Unregistered guest
@PRFRMNJ and @JTLS,
Thanx for the replies.
What I did was to change my settings to factory defaults and then loaded the file from another pc.

Works great now. This was some good information posted and really helped. Thanx a Gazillion.

Sorry I was not able to post in a decent time frame, but as they say "later than never". Anyways, please let me know that you saw my post and the message came across.

Thank You
Cheers!!

Fortec
Unregistered guest
Hi guys,
I'm trying to upload the file ultra11-07-05-fix for my fortec star lifetime ultra...
I wait a couple secondes and a window pop up with this message "Flah update failed"
Thank you

Post Number: 6
hey guys does anyone know why my Channel 133 and 138 are not working anymore after I loaded the bin file....these two are the channels for listings for PPV...anyone can tell me how I can get the back??thanx

sos
Unregistered guest
@Tim
You said
"yes...i have RS-232 cable receiver is on i rebooted my computer but still says Connection Faild when i hit download...please help"

It seems like you found the solution please share it with us
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us