ZyXEL announced the MWR102 portable 802.11n router / access point for wireless Internet access sharing on the go. The tiny, USB-powered device enables business travelers and other users to connect multiple WiFi devices to the Internet from a single connection.
This miniscule device is perfect for business travelers, who typically carry several mobile devices, such as a smartphone, tablet and laptop, and require constant Internet connectivity. The MWR102 also boasts dedicated LAN and WAN ports, so it may be used as a wireless access point in hotel rooms, conference rooms or other locations that have a wired connection or poor WLAN coverage. Providing an economical Internet access alternative, the connection may be shared with multiple people.
“People are migrating to mobile devices at astonishing speeds and Internet connectivity is vital for this new breed of users,” said Steven Joe, executive vice president of channel business for Americas at ZyXEL. “The MWR102 offers a very cost-effective way for mobile users to share high-speed wireless Internet access in any location where a wired broadband connection is available.”
- Pocket-sized router / Access Point for internet access on-the-go
- 3-in-1 Functionality — Router, Access Point, and Client Bridge
- Wirelessly share a wired Internet connection with multiple friends, colleagues, or devices.
- 802.11n wireless connectivity for data transfer rates of up to 150Mbps
- USB or AC power provide flexibility for any situation
See datasheet (pdf) for specifications.
Price and Availability
The ZyXEL MWR102 will be available October 27, 2011 for $39.99.