ZTE today released Spro 2, a portable smart projector that also includes mobile hotspot features and a built-in 5-inch Android touchscreen. This is the only smart projector that provides web access directly from the unit and has the ability to securely connect up to 10 independent Wi-Fi devices at once.
With a built in battery there is no need for power cords, making it easy to move the projector from the conference room to the living room or the great outdoors. The ZTE Spro 2 comes equipped with a 6300 mAh internal battery that delivers 2.5 hours of projection or up to 16 hours of connectivity — no plug required. Projecting documents, presentations, and movies stored in the cloud, on USB sticks, Micro SD cards or on other mobile devices is easy. Mobile gaming is possible thanks to HDMI inputs that work with popular game consoles.
The Spro 2 is the first Android smart projector to feature auto focus and auto keystone correction. It runs on Android 4.4.4 and AT&T’s 4G LTE network, so you can stream movies, games or presentations virtually anywhere at any time.
Price and Availability
ZTE Spro 2 will cost $399.99 with a two-year AT&T agreement or $499.99 with no annual commitment.
- 200 lumens brightness with auto focus and auto keystone correction
- Projects up to 120 inches with 720 HD resolution
- 6300 mAh internal battery powers 2.5 hours of projection time or up to 16 hours of connectivity
- Secure 4G LTE, Dual-Band Wi-Fi mobile hotspot that supports up to 10 devices
- Connections for HDMI/USB ports, 64GB Micro SD card (card sold separately), Bluetooth and includes 16GB of internal storage
- Android 4.4.4 OS with access to the Google Play Store
- 5-inch touchscreen with data usage details on the home screen
- A compact frame with premium casings measure 134 x 131 x 31 mm and weigh 550g
- Transfer files directly on the Projector via MicroSD slot, USB port, or Bluetooth
- Contrast Ratio 1000:1
- Screen Aspect Ratio 4:3 or 16:9
Alternatively, users should consider the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with built-in Projector, which offers some of the same functionality for the same price.