The New T-Mobile Sidekick Lets Customers Change the Look of Their Device as Often as They Change Their Clothes
A picture from high school graduation, a favorite sports team logo or a vibrant splash of the hottest fall color–whatever you want to express, you can design it on the new T-Mobile Sidekick. Available today, T-Mobile USA, Inc. has added the latest edition to the Sidekick family providing customers with the opportunity to create shells for their Sidekick with the images, colors or designs they choose.
The new Sidekick will ship with two shells: black and metallic green. A variety of pre-designed shell patterns and colors also are readily available for customers to purchase at T-Mobile retail stores or online. Of course, for true individualization, customers can design a completely unique shell unlike any other using a dedicated online Sidekick site via SkinIt at http://www.sidekickshells.com. Doing so is as simple as uploading a personal photo or graphic design, or selecting your own text, shapes, icons or logos. The final design is custom-printed onto the shell, then shipped. Once the design is complete, customers can share their work of art in a public gallery that will be hosted on http://www.sidekick.com.
“There is perhaps nothing more important than someone’s individual style and personality. The new T-Mobile Sidekick, with its customizable shells, lets our customers easily express that unique style directly on their phone,” says Sajal Sahay, director, product marketing, T-Mobile USA. “Providing our customers with options to stand out from the crowd and show a true expression of themselves is what makes this Sidekick such an intriguing, fun device.”
In addition to enhanced personalization, the T-Mobile Sidekick is sporting a slightly smaller, thinner and lighter design than previous Sidekicks. It also comes fully loaded with the latest Sidekick features including video capture and playback ability, so customers can record and watch spontaneous and memorable moments, whether at a football game or a music concert.
The new Sidekick also features an integrated Spanish user interface–the first for a Sidekick device. Other features include first-rate messaging with IM, text and e-mail, as well as stereo Bluetooth for easy photo and file transfers and a 2.0 megapixel camera. The Sidekick also is equipped with customizable Web surfing and more internal memory for storage of ringtones and multimedia messages.
T-Mobile Sidekick Features Include:
- Exterior shells that can be personalized
- Capability to record, play and share videos: record videos using the camera; receive video attachments from e-mail, picture messaging, or side load videos to the microSD card; play video using the built-in media player; share videos via e-mail, Bluetooth or picture messaging
- Horizontal swivel screen and full QWERTY keyboard (manufactured by Sharp)
- WQVGA screen with high-definition LCD technology
- Enhanced Web surfing: PC-like, full-size layout or standard Sidekick screen-size layout to scroll and read a page; use Mini Page to zoom out on an overview of an entire Web page; save images from Web pages to the microSD card
- Customizable IM experience: create and join group chats, set custom status messages, search for friends in a buddy list and see who is logged into IM to immediately start a conversation
- Easy download capability: install and use downloads without the need to restart the device; set a theme as the device’s default instantly
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP supports stereo Bluetooth and Bluetooth file transfer to other Bluetooth devices including Bluetooth photo printers
- 2.0 megapixel camera
- Included 512MB microSD memory card
- More storage: Up to 25 ringtones, add up to five slides to multimedia messages, and up to 60-second voice messages
- Quick Find to search across all applications
- T-Mobile myFaves enabled
- Dimensions: 4.7″ x 2.3″ x 0.7″, 5.3 oz.
- 2.6-inch display, 400×240 pixels
- Quad-band world phone 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; GSM,GPRS,EDGE
- 1030mAh Lion battery