NEC today added the 2600-lumen, NP-V260 and NP-V260X DLP mobile projectors to their V Series line-up which includes the NP-V300X. These portable multimedia projectors are ideal for classrooms or small meeting rooms that need a bright image, DLP technology and eco-friendly features.
NEC's V260 and V260X are SVGA and XGA models, respectively, that offer 2600 lumens providing sufficient brightness for the average classroom and meeting room. They both feature BrilliantColor technology, which uses advanced video processing and the latest Texas Instruments DLP engine to deliver more vibrant and realistic colors with richer blacks and a 2000:1 contrast ratio for more detail. An input panel including dual VGA, HDMI and RJ45 rounds out the abundance of features for complete connectivity and control.
“Designed with the environment in mind, the new V Series projectors offer multiple cost-saving features such as quick start (3 seconds), auto power on via the RGB input connector and direct power-off with no cooling required after shutdown,” said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager for Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “Additionally, the V260 and V260X offer a filter-free design that will eliminate the hassle and time spent monitoring and changing filters. This is an exceptional benefit to those locations that install a large quantity of projectors.”
The V260 and V260X include the following features:
- Lamp life up to 5000 hours (in ECO Mode)
- 3D capability increases interactivity and expands applications in educational settings, keeping students more engaged that ever while increasing the learning curve
- Flexible input panel, color-coded and clearly labeled, connects to computers, Blu-Ray players and other sources using the VGA, HDMI (V260X only), composite and S-Video inputs, as well as audio and video loop out for connection to powered speaker and local monitor
- Integrated RJ45 for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability; V260X only)
- Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- Crestron Roomview provides unified management, including the ability to switch the power on and off for multiple projectors connected to a network (V260X only)
- Closed captioning enables the decoding and display of text information from a video
- 7-watt speaker
- Built-in wall color correction presets provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
Price and Availability
The V260 and V260X ship with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in June 2011 at an estimated street price of $439 and $548, respectively. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years.