Mobile Monitor Technologies (MMT) announced the 15.6-inch Monitor2Go portable LED-backlit LCD monitor that swivels around 180-degrees. The clamshell monitor includes a dock for iPad 2, as well as USB and HDMI connectivity for use as second monitor with notebooks or smartphones, including the iPhone.
Monitor2Go boasts a 1600×900 HD+ screen that not only extends the displays of USB enabled notebooks and PCs, it also mirrors the displays of Apple devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod) and HDMI compatible smart phones and tablets, as well as carries, protects, and locks the iPad 2.
An industry first, the patent-pending Monitor2Go is constructed in sleek and rugged aluminum designed specifically to house, lock, and transport the iPad 2 as well as work with other mobile devices. And with over 140,000 apps for the iPad, there are likely to be unlimited uses for Monitor2Go’s large, fully rotatable display.
- Rotate Monitor2Go’s 15.6″ HD+ screen to share bright, vivid presentations, videos, games, apps, and more.
- Eliminate squinting and hunching over a small screen, with nearly triple the screen real estate of the average tablet. For the notebook, Monitor2Go will extend or mirror the screen for up to 30 percent more productivity as compared to single screen computing.
- Connect any phone or media player with HDMI, and you’ve got a mobile theater. Movies, TV shows, home video and photo slideshows in crisp HD wherever you go.
- 15.6″ HD+ (1600 x 900) screen
- One inch thick, under three pounds, yet fully protected aluminum and ABS construction
- HDMI input, USB mini-B input and two spare USB A inputs
- Works with all USB Windows and Mac laptops and desktops
- Daisy chain up to 6 Monitor2Gos through DisplayLink USB virtual graphics
- Works with HDMI devices – tablets, smart phones, DVD players and more
- Carry, protect, and locks the iPad2
- 180 degree screen pivot and rotation, with landscape and portrait modes
- Audio jack output for speakers and headphones when using HDMI input
- Optional numeric keypad/trackpad accessory
- Optional VESA mounting bracket for wall hanging
Price and Availability
Monitor2Go will be available mid-April 2012 for under $300.