GoPro just released an entry-level action camcorder with touch screen convenience for $300. The HERO+ LCD captures high definition 1080p60 video and 8-megapixel photos with built-in touch display, all-new in-camera video trimming and integrated Wi-Fi. Like the entry-level HERO, the HERO+ LCD is built directly into its waterproof housing. The simplicity of this all-in-one design now combines with expanded features to make capturing life’s memorable moments easier than ever.
Rugged and waterproof to 131′ (40m), HERO+ LCD also includes advanced features like HiLight Tagging and in-camera video trimming to make it easier to identify and share your favorite moments. HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording and during playback so you can easily find them later, and the all-new video trimming feature allows you to create short clips in-camera for easier sharing without a computer.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connect the HERO+ LCD to your GoPro App-enabled smartphone or tablet for easy camera control and shot preview when your camera is mounted or out of reach. The GoPro App also allows for easy content sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more and combines with the new in-camera video trimming feature to form a convenient content sharing solution.
Price and Availability
GoPro HERO+ LCD (model number CHDHB-101) Action Cam will be available for purchase in the U.S. beginning June 7, 2015 for $299.99. International availability will begin July 12.
- Professional-quality 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture
- Touch display for convenient camera control, shot framing, and in-camera playback
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth enables connectivity to the GoPro App and Smart Remote
- HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording or during playback for quick and easy editing
- In-camera video trimming allows you to create short clips for easy content sharing without a computer
- Power on and record automatically with the press of a single button with QuikCapture setting
- Long-lasting battery delivers approximately two hours of recording time
- Integrated housing design for simplicity and ease of use
- Supports microSD cards (at least Class 10 or UHS-I) up to 64GB